School teaching Vietnamese in Nha Trang?

probably not a big demand for it but is there a small school that teaches Vietnamese language for foreigners in Nha Trang ?

Hello Panda7

I invite you to drop an advert of your search of a Vietnamese language tutor or school in the dedicated section of the site : Language classes in Nha Trang

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com

Likely not. But tutors should be available and reasonably priced. My 21 Semester hours of  Vietnamese language credit on my University of Maryland, University College, Far East Division transcript was earned in the mid 1970's at the University of Maryland and the University of Saigon and ended with my evacuation from Sai Gon with my family on 18 Apr 1975.

The 12 hrs from the U of Saigon was credit by examination for previously learned Vietnamese while serving 2 tours with the US Navy mostly in the Mekong Delta and was given as an encouragement to teach an ESL class at the U of Saigon. So, I had 12 semester hours Basic Vietnamese and started formal study at the intermediate level.

Note, Vietnamese is very much more difficult to learn than any of the European languages.  "Ng" and "Nh" are especially difficult to learn to pronounce. What worked for me was having a PHD in phonics stick his hands in my mouth and properly arrange and demonstrate the correct movement of tongue and jaw. European languages just don't have your mouth parts move that way. Tonal languages like Vietnamese also require hearing and speaking in the various tones.

Also note, Our retirement home is in a fishing town roughly 100 km from Nha Trang and 300 km from Sai Gon. Due to my wife's grave illness, we have rented a house with in wheel chair pushing distance of her hospital in Sai Gon.

Sam

Did you actually find a language class or school to learn Vietnamese?

I couldn't find a class so ended up getting a private teacher once a week,