New members of the England forum, introduce yourself here – 2016

Hi all,

Newbie on the England forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in England if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

PD : The thread New members of the England forum, introduce yourself here – 4th quarter of 2015 continues below!

am a qualified plumber from the best technical institute in Uganda called St.Joseph's Technical Institute Kisubi and am very well disciplined hard worker and God fearing ready to work under any conditions favorable to a human being

Hello,

I am a French and American citizen who will be moving to Birmingham in the Fall 2016/2017.

I am starting my PhD in the History Department at the University of Birmingham.

Are there any fans of the arts and architecture available to show me around Birmingham?

I'll be coming to Birmingham from Paris to stay for around 5 days in the month of April in order to do a little campus meet and greet. I would love to be shown the town then.

I speak French, Italian, and have started learning Spanish in honor (American spelling)  of my late father.... I would love the opportunity to do a little language exchange by Skype and eventually in person....

I would love to show you Paris before I go. Let me know if you're in the area.

But first I look forward to meeting you online......

Second Finger.

I'm a college student of Double majors International business & Marketing .. I've been to London and hopefully i'm going to do my masters in LSB .. I speak English - Arabic - Turkish - French .. Looking forward to meet new people and make friends .. I love learning new things , and having adventures and i think London is just the place ..
Wishing everyone here good luck ..

Hello expat members,

We are a belgian brazilian family having two daughters of 12 .In the past 7 years we were living in the Middle east and now moving to Liverpool .As all newcomers we are looking forward to be informed about best paces to live for a family and other relevant items which we need to take care before this move and during first months.

Thanks to all to contact me

Regards

Hello everyone,

Welcome aboard  :)

Since the new members thread is only for the introduction of members so that they may briefly share their project, from here i suggest you create a new topic on the England forum and ask your questions.

Here is the direct link : https://www.expat.com/forum/post.php?fi … mp;lang=en

All the best
Bhavna

Greetings,

I definitely want to move to England. I am currently looking for a job while researching all that is involved with an international move and have several places in mind. I hope to learn more from all of the other posts.  Continued blessings to all of you!

Hello

I wanted to always respect rules of Expat.com
So i wanted to first introduce my Self, Am Sam from Cairo Egypt and work in banking field, am here to find friends and know more how i can get banking job in London ( Compliance, Operations, Investment, FX and capital markets.

its my pleasure to get connected with members here :)

Im kevina,From Mauritius living in Port Louis City, Im 20 years old . I have been working as sales girl in tourist shops for about 2 months . . And afterwards employed in a company nearly 4 years . And working part time job as babysitter. For 3 years  . I have an experiance in sales departement and babysitting.  :)

Hola/Ola/Bonjour/Namaste/Hello

a young Belgian student of 22 who has to stop his studies of medicine to leave and make a new life in England more exactly in Leeds, BUT WHY?

well, I fall in love with this language since I was young and I wished to live there because the culture is different ,the people, the mentality and so on

I left my home to Leeds with 50 euros in my pocket and for the moment I manage rather well (Currently it has been 2 weeks that I here)

One could describe me as a person who likes to have challenges while leaving my zone of comfort.

Now I want to get some contact in Leeds , some expatriate or native english

Hope to hear about you

Hi Everyone,

my name is Edina, I am Hungarian, relocated by my company ca. 1.5 years ago. I work in tourism, in an online company as an internal trainer; I am keen about developing myself as well, currently I am enrolled in becoming a certified trainer, next plan is to do a certificate in project management (Prince2); I am also ambitious about becoming a plus size model.
I think I am still in the get-to-used phase about London, as Budapest, my home town is much smaller (2 million people vs. 8).
In my free time I like to go to the gym (TRX, crossfit, body pump), chat to my friends, or sometimes just literally do nothing and relaxing at home so that I can recharge myself.
I am positive about meeting similar minded people here, as my other 'trouble' with London is that it is quite difficult to build out relationships.

Edina

Hi everyone,

I am a Dutch expat in the US, my husband is American and we want to return to Europe to be closer to my family. I am researching life in England because I feel it will be less of a culture shock for my husband.  I have many questions about what to expect, and what we would need to do to live in England.

If you have any questions about living in the US, please feel free to ask. We have lived in multiple cities and would be happy to offer tips on what to look out for.

Thanks,
Lou

Hi everyone and welcome  :)

@ Lou, do not hesitate to browse through the England forum by category, you may have some valuable infos and even create your own topics if ever you do not find the information you are looking for in the existing threads.

All the very best,
Bhavna

Hi all!!
I have just moved out from Sweden to search for new opportunities in London. You can still find me at Swedish forum if you need any tips regarding life in that country. And I am counting on you with some tips regarding London! :-) Cheers! :)

Hi Miro.

I am delighted to hear that you are came to London to study your masters,keep in touch with me if you can. I completed my MBA in London.

KIT

Regards

Upul

Hi lou

Happy to hear that you both came to England to settle.

We are living in London. we can meetup each other in . I live with my wife and my new born baby in London. if you need any help please do get in touch

KIT

regards
Upul

Hi Everyone

I re-entered my home country in 2012 after 5 years in South Africa (and experienced reverse culture shock for the first time!)

I love travelling and have worked in many corners of the globe: India, USA, Mexico. Thank you for having me, I'm likely to be on the move again soon so thought it a good time to join!

Wendy

Hi everyone,
I'm a french living in Derby since 2014. Happy to meet new people, have a drink.
I'd like to speak french or english or any new language :P
Don't hesitate to send a message.
Cédric

Hi there folks,
This is Justin and i am french Indian looking to move back to uk again (until i am kicked out cause of brexit)

Looking forward to meet new people here and also looking forward to get the block off to my private message :) 

Been to bahrain ,india and newcastle  .Feel free to message me folks .. :)

Hi! I'm Riley from Hong Kong and I'll be moving to UK in October. I haven't had a full plan yet so I need a lot of help and advice from people living there! I also want to make new friends because things will be easier if I have a stable social network! Please PM me of you are willing to answer my questions and be my friends!

Hi Riley,

Welcome to the home of Britain.

Hello,

My name is Umair and I am moving to work in London for my company for the next few years. I am currently working in Norway and am looking forward to spending the next few years in the UK before I move on to the next adventure.

I have some questions but I will ask on the relevant forums.

Regards
Umair

hello how are you doing all of you? i will be in england next october i am super excited to be there, i will start a new training to be a football coach, i hope everything will be great in manchester and london for me

Hi guys,

I'm Yoga from Jakarta, Indonesia. I currently work for freight forwarding company in Jakarta. Would love to get any chances to move to UK for job opportunity. Have a great day & thank you

Hello!
I am Swapna and along with my family, moved to Weybridge Surrey about two weeks ago from Boston. I am a pharmacist and a mother to two as well as a writer and I am having a blast so far in my new home country. We moved here for my hubby's work.
To know me more, please check out my blog :
mytaki.blogspot.co.uk
Hope to hear from you all about your experiences settling in.
Right now the biggest challenge for me is driving on the left! EEEEKSS!!

Hi Good day,

Just seen you post and see that your into business and marketing. It would be great to connect with you as we share similarities.

Regards

Carl

you worked in many corners of the globe: India, USA, Mexico:) that is amazing :)

Are they like NGO works ??

which is the best nation you lived and worked??

Hi everybody!

My name is Marissa, I am native to and reside in the states. I have been searching for a job opportunity that will allow me to relocate to London for over a year now. It's a tough but exciting challenge to say the least! Anyway -- I'm a black American city girl so it means the world to me to travel and London is a great place to start since its similar in some ways yet significantly different from home. I come from and reside in a black community of Washington DC and have a ton of pride in my culture. With all my pride, I feel that it's my duty to express more about my culture and perspective of life in the states as well as the issues we face within it.

These issues drive me to be the change I want to see and traveling is one of those rarities. I have a degree in Public Relations, but my passion is working with youth in areas that are often ignored resulting in lower aspirations, untapped potential, and exposure to at-risk situations. This is what I come from and have overcome myself, and it exists all around the world. Unfortunately, some keep quiet about these sorts of communities and people and to me that needs to change.

That's some insight to who I am and what drives me to be an expat!

Hi, my name's Helena and I'm currently 19. I was in university in Ireland studying engineering, however I had to drop out due to family matters and finacial reasons .I moved to the Netherlands for a while to be close to my dad and try a new life style. I worked sorting flowers in the auction for a few months , but the environment I worked in wasn't good for my health and so I lost my job and finding other work was difficult for me due to the language barrier. However during my time there I learned to live alone and flourish as an adult. I am now moving to England as I've family here willing to help me start new and I don't have to worry about a language barrier.

Hi.
My name is Miro and I am a Slovakian guy living in Britain for over 5 years. In past I was working as an au pair /yes, guy can do it as well - looking after children/ and in the last au pair job I push myself with help of others to settle down and be more stable in this country. I live in London and I work as a handyman and a gardener, so my time schedule can change as I work for variety of clients.

I am 31 years old and I would like to meet new people especially around my age group as I like to socialize and do something new.

Hi all,
I'm Ikram and  I'm  new on this site. I'm originally from marrakech,Morocco, and I do MA in English Linguistics . My dream was to do my MA in England, but I believe it wasn't meant for me.I'm currently  focusing on looking for scholarships, and /or fellowships in England to do my PhD.
Best,
Ikram

Hi All,

i am Indonesian. i am living and working in Dubai at the moment. currently looking for a new job in the UK and have a plan to come to the UK for vacation early next year.

glad to meet you, guys!

Hello, my name is Kathleen and I live in North London with my husband. I am Filipino-American, grew up in the Philippines and lived in San Francisco, CA USA for 10 years. This is my fifth month in the UK. Coffee chats with expat ladies are most welcome =)

Hi all,

My name is Aurianne married with 2 children and living in South Africa, looking for some advice.  I have a UK passport (received via my mom and dad) and trying to get  into the UK as my whole family is back there but I am battling to get my husband and children in as there are so many requirements that I unfortunately don't meet but my husband does.  Is there any advice on what or how I should go about this.

Many thanks.

Hi! I intend to move to London, possibly the Soho neighborhood. I want to acquire as much info as possible before moving.

soho area?? are you Chinese??

No....is that mostly Chinese?

Good morning everyone! :)

My name is Elisa, and I've been living in Hampshire, England since December 30th, 2015 with my husband and our two boys. We also brought our dogs with us! We hail from Montreal, (QC) Canada. We're only here temporarily, and are trying to take advantage of every day. We've been to a lot of pubs, a lot of historical sites, London, Scotland, and have used the Eurotunnel to get to France, and have even gone as far as Eastern Italy. We've got plans to head out to Wales shortly, and we'll also be spending Christmas eve at the Vatican! So exciting!!!

There are so many more projects we want to accomplish before heading back to Canada, that our 3-year stay doesn't seem long enough.

Anyhow, I love writing, so I've recently started a blog to share our travels, experiences, discoveries, etc. It's in its starting phase, but is growing steadily. I'd love for you all to visit, and share your own experiences...

Visit me at Eli In the UK

Happy travels! :D

Hola, I am Patty from Guatemala, I have lived in Brazil and Canada before immigrating to England. I promote Latinamerican cultures in Weston-super-Mare (near Bristol). I am a Chemical engineer and volunteer giving free Spanish lessons to children. See my website at Guatemalazest.weebly.com
cheers. Patty @Latinzest

Hey i am from greece , just looking around here....

Closed