Work permit problem

I am staying in Angola since from 14 Month, i came here with visit visa and aplied  for work visa in the month of Januvery2010 (through employer) till now i have not received my work visa.Presently My passport is with Angolan Immigration .How I can get it

Murali Dhar.Y

Hi Murali Dhar, welcome to Expat.com!

Sorry to hear about your problem! I suppose you should approach your employer to check why this long delay.

I will transfer your message to a new discussion to give it a better visibility and hope that some other members of the forum can give you advise on the situation.

Good luck
Arlette

It's hard to get your passport back if you've already submitted it.
There were some cases. Sometimes they lost passport.
Better to get a receipt when you apply for a visa. Include copies of your passport. Because if you caught by police while you don't have passport, You are just an illegal.
Contact your consul in Embassy.

Hello, who can now help in April 2011, when people are so entered and have not received the passport back for 5 months? You get stuck. Is there a contact point? Who can help us? We heard that angola changed the visa department and now we know not how to proceed. Who can help? We would be very, very happy for a point of contact. It is bad when fathers have children at home, and months they can not go back to the families. Thank you, thank you regards kfkok