Commuting from Gozo to Malta

Hello all, We r thinking to move to Gozo but my husband has a job offer in Malta.  Is possible to commute everyday, do many people do it?  Also do many people use scooters in Gozo and how many people r allowed on it?  Thanks in advance

MandB wrote:

Hello all, We r thinking to move to Gozo but my husband has a job offer in Malta.  Is possible to commute everyday, do many people do it?  Also do many people use scooters in Gozo and how many people r allowed on it?  Thanks in advance

Depends on where the job offer is.

Job is In St Julians!

MandB wrote:

Job is In St Julians!

Many do commute from Gozo but depending on traffic could take a while, also
allow time for getting to the harbour and the crossing from where we live in Gharb you
would take two bus journeys just to get to the harbour, there is parking but gets filled up
quickly.

I've not arrived in Gozo yet but was talking to a Maltese friend about the same thing travel by scooter. They said I'd be mad to travel anywhere in Malta on a scooter as its taking your life in your hands. I'd be interested to know if this is the case.

In hospital people who ride scooters or motorbikes are called "donors"    :joking:

Terry

tearnet wrote:

In hospital people who ride scooters or motorbikes are called "donors"    :joking:

Terry

Brilliant!

:top:

Ray

MandB wrote:

Hi, my former Team Leader from a company where I used to work in Ta Xbiex, has been doing that for few years now. He lives in Gozo and he travels to Ta Xbiex on a daily basis, sometimes by car, other times by bike. Don't ask me how, but he can manage...
With regards to riding a motorbike here in Malta, I have never tried but the stories I hear about it and as mentioned here before, are not very pleasant. Unfortunately, this guy I am talking about now, had a motorbike accident recently and had to stay in the hospital for some time with few broken ribs, not sure how it happened but I think it was on one of the trips either to work or back to his home in Gozo.
I have to say that everyday while I am driving, I see a lot of bikers that push their luck a bit but the biggest danger are the way Maltese drivers use the roads here, they don't have any common sense whatsoever. I get shocked with the amount of stupidity and craziness that I witness on a daily basis, if one doesn't pays a lot of attention on the road and at some of the drivers, accidents will happen...and they do!!! There's hardly one day I don't see a car stopped or smash in the road, some days it's just too much...