Cxx : French Language School in Besançon

Hello Erverybody, I just wanted to share a bad experience about the Cxx in Besancon. This is a quite famous language school unfortunatly

I heared a lot about the Cxx while I was working aboard (in the French cultural Centers, ambassies, language departments etc.) . So when my wife decided to join me in France, we naturally choose the Cxx in Besançon so she could have French lessons in the best place I heard about. But we were hugely disappointed about the quality of teaching in the Cxx : For example the same exercice file was given to my wife in three different levels (end of A1, then A2, and finally B1), by different teachers. This means there is NO organization about the teaching objectives for the different levels in the Cxx. Anaway, no objective plan was given at the begenning of each course. Some of the teachers are really good persons, who love their job, but we could see the "head" of the Cxx is more interested in advertisment and marketing than in the contents of the lessons. As most of the students are bursars, It seems to be the most important for the Cxx is to have big contracts with foreign states and universities. Unfortunatly we paid 800€ per month for "intensive lessons" for this non-professional service :(   Unfortunatly we needed the certificated degree document for mariage, and I already got a job in Besancon so we couldn't move for a year, and she carried on with the Cxx. Please don't follow our example, give your money and time to some other school, more professional.

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Company name has been moderated to prevent any defamatory statement

Thanks for the review. I was thinking about those courses, but the price alone was prohibitive; to find out the course  may not be all that good pretty much seals it.

You mentioned you are here for a year. My husband is also working in Besançon for a year. I can't seem to find to many English speakers in Besançon, would your wife be interested in meeting? Unless this story was published at the end of your year and y'all have already left...

very good advice.
thanks