Convention de Stage

Hi all,

I am a student, with a work permit for France, but am currently enrolled in an Indian university.
I have found an internship in France that needs me to get the convention de stage filled by my university.
Is it possible for my Indian university to fill the Convention de Stage?

Thank you!!

Hello JingFui.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Hope you'll soon be advised by other members.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Namaste Jingfui,

Well, first of all congrats for your internship.

Let me ask you something:
1) do you need a stage/internship in you university career?
1.2) IF yes, does the stage give you some credits/units/points to achieve your degree? If YES, sign an agreement (tell you later, pint 2. ).
1.3) IF NO, (it means that you don;t need an internship, so my suggestion is to sign a stage contract and GO.

2) I know the indian bureaucracy and you'll be crazy with calls in India, and probably will take time, or months for the convention. 

My experience as enterprise:

How is working generally speaking in Europe, is like this:
1) The company sign a internship agreement with the university, in order to receive students and give the students the health insurance in case of some accident.
2) the university sign too the docs. and the partnership is done.
3) both negotiate is there is some expenses refund like transport, meals or other benefits. Generally speaking here in France, companies provide 350 euros/month for stagier.

So, if you have a working permit here in France, take the intership and go to extend your working permit (if you like), or just ask to the university in France that you are interested to move to france and you would you like to enroll/finish your degree here in France.
In this case, you will improve your french skills, and you'll get a scholarship from the UNIV. or Gov.

Good luck.

keep me informed, so I will earn something more.

Bye bye.

Achille