Where can I buy Kowtong in Bangkok?

I live near the Grand Park View. Is there any market or supermarket near my place that sell kowtong? How to write Kowtong in Thai language?

Thank you very much

Do you mean Kowtong for "ロイKratong祭"?   If so it's "กระทง"  in Thai word.
Please tell your hotel location in which road or area.
Mr. Wichy

Thank you for reply. Kowtong is a kind of vegetable. I think the other name is Dokudami. I want to buy it but don't know where to buy near my place. *

p/s: sorry I cannot attach a picture for easy understand.

Moderated by Christine 8 years ago
Reason : for security reason, please do not share your address on the forum

What's that Kowtong?

I think this word คาวตอง

To Ms. An Japan, I'm a Thai people still can not understand what your "kowtong" or your Thai words mean!!  Can you find a picture or show the correct word then we can help you to buy.

Thank you very much for your reply. I cannot upload picture so I will send a link instead.
I want to buy the vegetable not the drug

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not promote your site on the forum

what is kowting?

Hi,

You are living just opposite my office and I do know this area quite well.

I believe you are looking for some Japanese vegetables?
You may want to try visiting UFM Fuji Supermarket along Sukhumvit Soi 31/33, near Soi Sawadee. It is not far from where you are living. Just hop into a taxi and ask for Fuji supermarket. Here, you will find a wide selection of Japanese imports. Alternatively, another place you can try is Ville Market. They normally carry quite a wide range of foreign imports. There are many outlets in Thailand and the nearest to you would be near Emporium mall. Take the BTS to Phrom Phong station.

Hope this helps.

Hello,

There's a huge vegetable market just outside of the Terminal T21 Mall located at Sukhumvit BTS station . you will find it over there !!

I don't know what a kowtong is, but the suggestion to look in a Fuji grocery store seems to make sense.  The one thing I'd add is that there is a second Fuji right beside that Villa near the Phrom Pong BTS station.

Depending on what you are looking for it may work to substitute a similar Thai vegetable.  That doesn't always work, but in some cases if you can loosen your expectations to allow for a slight shift in flavor or texture something else can substitute in dishes, with the benefit that you are cooking fusion food when you do it, very stylish.