I plan to resign - need i pay 9000 SR to my company?

Hi Good Day. Im Ishaan. I am currently working here in KSA for about 4 months now. I planned to resign for my personal purposes. Do i really need to pay 9,000SR for my company? Thanks. I am looking forward for your answers friends. thank you again. Bless us All.

For what reasons are you being asked to pay 9K ? Visa fees and all ?

maybe.. but im not so sure. 9k is too much.

It depends on your contract. Go back to it and read it - it has the answer.

i read my contract many time but there is no such thing as paying 9KSR. thats also the reason why am asking some help, because i dont really know if its necessary.

If I were you, I'd ask my HR/finance for the breakdown of 9K.

Expect:
- Visa fee and iqama charges inclusive to all overheads
- Tickets to bring you aboard.

My guess is 5-6k for Visa processing, Iqama, Insurance and work permit...Another 2k for your flight...

Maybe the rest is for your joining and induction and training costs....

It'll be tough to go on an exit without paying it up...

thanks Guys. your answer is really much appreciated.

The little I know about Saudi Labor Law, it does not contain any clause on the subject of an employee reimbursing an expense on account of visa processing fees or air tickets for flying him into KSA.

Even if your employer has made you sign on such a contract, it has no legal standing.

During the probation period, either party (employee or your employer) may decide to part ways without assigning reason and employer will pay for your tickets to go home.

I think what might have happened is that you have crossed the probation period and your position has been 'confirmed' after which either party needs to give a 30 to 60 days written notice (or its equivalent in Saudi Riyals) this is where your employer has the right to legally demand this SR 9000. :)