Benghazi news - Blue cheese on sale in Nisar supermarket!

2LYD each!  That's it really :) Happy shopping

thanks for the tip.

can you describe the location of the supermarket and i'll take a look next time I get into Benghazi ?

TIA

Libyanjag

LibyanJag wrote:

can you describe the location of the supermarket and i'll take a look next time I get into Benghazi ?

It's close to the medical university. Just ask ask any taxi driver to take you to the medical university ("jami'a alarab altibbiyya" in Arabic). The university will come up on the left, but instead tell the driver to keep going for about a hundred yards until you see a supermarket with red sunshades on the right.

I'm suprised you've never been to the place or at least heard of it. It's where most of Benghazi's expats (as well as the Libyans who want to look rich) do their shopping :)

thanks for th directions.

I'm 100km or so up the road so only visit Benghazi once in a while for the travel agent etc.

Also, I drive myself so I tend to find places by their position relative to the ring roads . . .

LibyanJag wrote:

I'm 100km or so up the road so only visit Benghazi once in a while for the travel agent etc.

A hundred kilometers up which road? And more importantly, what on earth  could you be doing there? :)