28K after Tax, for Indian Expat ? Saving Potential

Hi KL friends,

Have been reading blogs, though checking property web portals and other weblinks have gained some intent.

# Have an Offer for fixed 28 K / Month after 25% tax + Medicals. [Am sure post the 183 day qualification it may come down, but not budgeting on the refunds].

# As shared being an India Expat the primary reason to relocate is "Earning and Savings" & SEA Experience. Hence staying around Brickfields, and normal life will be expected. Am neither Brit or American with high tastes and night out interests. 

# Family : Self + Wife + 2.5 yrs Kid + new born. , Veg family.

Have drawn a monthly budget based on my understanding, I will request Indian expats working or living with family or friends to respond & validate, guide and advice.

# House Rent : 2.5 K RM - Fully furnished Condo 2 Bedroom around Brickfields
# Car leasing : 1K RM - Just a standard model.
# Groceries for Family : 2K RM per month.
# Internet/ TV connection / Phone : 600 RM
# Fuel - 300 RM / Month, maybe 15 - 20 days to home office - home. Office at Shah Alam Selagnor.
# School for my toddler - 1K / Month.
# Incidental Medicals - 500 RM / Month
# Annual travel back India - 1.5K / Month [Equating monthly the return flight tickets and cost back home on annual vacations and back. ]
# Miscellaneous Expenses - 500 RM / Month
# Shopping - 1K RM / Month [Equating Monthly the Annual shopping for family and friends].

----------------------------------------
Total Budget -  11 K / Month + 500 RM for other incidentals. = 11.5 K / Month

Does the Budging sound logical, is it on higher side ? or apt for an Indian expat moving with family. Appreciate a response form fellow Indian Expats and Indian staying with a similar Indian Middle class approach. No offence meant to Western and other expats.   Intent to putting this is to validate the data collection have done, and request your advice/ suggestions points which have been missed out.

Thank you for reading my notes.

Regards,

I agree

That estimation is quite perfect.By the way try to  buy a car, used maybe, rather renting.

:/:one

Safety is a big problem out there in Kuala lumpur so u better take care...

You can live a luxurious life and still save. Absolutely yes.

If you dont mind me asking are you into IT field ?

yes correct.. and just few experiences which i witnessed makes me to tell that this isn;t a safe place with family...

the schools out here are expensive.. initially if ur enrolling in internatinal schools it will cost you RM 20k to RM 25k with a monthly fee of min 2 to 3k.. and its not really worth...

not worth it?  28k is higher than mid level ceo salary in msia...
if not worth it, go back India... i am sure many indian companies willing to pay yo that amount..

put you children in Indians schools in India and you work alone here, can buddy... you send money back just like those Indian general working class here... learn to sacrifice..  good times wont last long, money does not last... life is short...

No way do mid level ceos earn less than 28k
Most i know earn several million a year. Some of that income is "tax free" and "commisson based" wink wink know what i mean  :whistle:

But a good mamak restaurant owner earns 25k or so.

28k net is at least a proper salary.

For the OP most indian expats I know spend more than me. A proton car is ok for me but not for a lot of middle class indians. I dont buy expensive rounds but Indian nationals i know worry about image so spend. Most i know wont eat in a roadside stall like I do. I dont wear expenive designer clothes etc but again some Indian i know are all bling. Obviously not all. You can stay at home with family, eat at home, buy cheap clothes etc.

But I reckon you will save at least 10k RM. No more than 15 though with a kid realistically.

What makes the biggest difference is being married. Single men have party expenses vs cost of babies if have a family. But home cooked food is a little cheaper etc.