Cost of living in ipoh

Hi i am fawad and i am coming to University Petronas Ipoh as Sr Lecturer may be in May 2011. The salary i have been offered in 11000 RM , is it OK for 2 adults and 2 kids when schooling for kids is provided by the university
How much would i have to spend on housing say 3 bed semi furnished
Any help is appreciated
Regards

Hello,

The cost of living in Ipoh is very low to compare with city like Kuala Lumpur. With 11k monthly you are actually one of the richest man in the small town of Tronoh! :D

Cost for house rental for 3 bed double story house is only -+600. No major traffic jam! No Toll! It saves your fuel and toll. Food is very cheap as well! :)

so how many years of experience you are having ?

hi fawad...what about the 8800 RM for senior lecturer with less than 3 yrs of experience. is it good to come and join UTP...fawad...need your advice....also whether you are given a contract ?...if so tell me other benefits we can there...

any one please comment...fawad is there increments......how they are doing that

11k + 2 school kid places is about right. In KL lectureres can pull in 20k a month (local with foreign PhD - in something serious). School places are valuable! Obviously if it is something unacademic like "media studies" it's much much lower