EXIT and NOC

Hi.
My employment visa expired 10th of October, and I plan to leave Oman on the 9th Of October. if i want to come back to Oman,  do i need my current employer to issue me an exit, as i have completed my visa period?  , . Do I need a NOC from my current employer to join my spouse on his family visa. My employer is pressurizing me to continue  by refusing both.

NOC/release is required only if you want another employment visa in the next two years. There are no restrictions in coming to Oman on a non-employment visa. To apply another visa your existing visa needs to be cancelled at the airport upon departure. This can only be done with mutual agreement between employee and employer.

hi
My question is my visa expires on the day i exist. so will it not automatically cancel.

auditor_manu wrote:

NOC/release is required only if you want another employment visa in the next two years. There are no restrictions in coming to Oman on a non-employment visa. To apply another visa your existing visa needs to be cancelled at the airport upon departure. This can only be done with mutual agreement between employee and employer.

Once an employment visa is cancelled, to return to Oman - on any Visa - the last employers NOC is mandatory.

Even if it be on family joining visa, or visiting as a tourist, or even if one wishes to return as an investor !

soniyaa0 wrote:

hi
My question is my visa expires on the day i exist. so will it not automatically cancel.

Hi soniyaa0,

If an employment visa is not renewed, then it is assumed that the visa holder has 'absconded', whether or not the person is still in Oman.

Secondly, for every day of overstay, there is a fine / penalty attached to it.

Thirdly, if you leave Oman and exit without cancelling your employment visa, it could be construed as you have exited and you could return.

To avoid all complications, that is why, it is best to cancel your visa officially and leave with a clean slate.