Calling Visa - DP10

Hi,

What is meant by calling visa is approved?. Does this mean DP 10 is approved or both are different?

Thanks,
Surya

DP10 is the first stage for employment visa application.

once DP 10 approved, you can bring the letter to the Malaysian Embbasy for calling visa issuance.
They will issue normal social visit visa, and then when u arrive Malaysia you have to submit your passport for DP11 (stick the emnployment pass to your passport)

If during application of DP10 you already in Malaysia, then they will fine you RM500 for Journey Performed Visa

Hello,
The DP10 is already on processed, can I still travel to Malaysia and start my employment and then apply for journey performed visa?

Thanks!
Ara

yes if DP 10 is processed you can travel with that document to malaysia , then your employer will file for stage 2 visa within one month and will stamp for employment pass on your passport.

Thanks Expatind for your assistance...just to clarify further...HR have just submitted the DP10, so basically it is still on process and waiting for approval. Is it possible to  to enter Malaysia, start working while waiting for it? I've read something about journey performed visa, is that still applicable or practiced?

Thanks!
Ara

I am sorry but I don't agree you can travel to Malaysia yet, I think you need a calling visa (Visa with Reference - VDR). New Rules since August 2016. Journey performed not relevant in the case of DP10.

Thanks Gravitas...

Is it possible to ask the hiring manager for invitation to travel for business (the company that have hired me in Malaysia is a sister company of my current work) - business meetings and client engagement and the likes..ive read those being mentioned here but not sure is still possible with the new ruling.

When does journey performed visa be applicable?

Thanks!
Ara

Are you getting a PVP - Professional Visit Pass? Normally entering the country is not possible while the Stage 1 is going on. Somebody asked the same question recently but they did not enter Malaysia until the complete Stage I was finished to include VDR. Journey performed is more likely for some nationalities for say DP or SVP

I'll check with HR what they have applied. Though they did mentioned that once their application is approved, I will need to go the Malaysian Embassy here in Manila and get a single entry visa, will that be DP or SVP? Can the application be cancelled or the payments were already done upon application, thus, cancelling will be a waste?

Processing on the requirements by my government will be a different story and will delay my intended start date. That's why I am sourcing other legal course of action.

If possible to enter Malaysia with tourist visa then once there, process requirements both by MY and PH government? I know one of my fellowman that gone through process of journey performed visa but that was 2yrs ago.

Thank you!