Obtaining a work permit for house maid

Hi,
Can any of you advise on the procedures for applying for a work permit for a maid from India. Also please let me know the approximate cost. We know of somebody who is willing to come here and work as a  maid in our home but we don't know the procedure to apply for the work visa. The maid is currently in India. Please advise. Thank you.
regards,
Paul.

http://www.imi.gov.my/index.php/en/main … dependants

Approval of Foreign Domestic Helper for Expatriate Officer

Approval is given to the expatriate who intends to bring in a foreign domestic helper regardless of nationality and age of the helper.

a. Application Procedures

Applications can be submitted before or after the Expatriate's entry into Malaysia. -

b. Supporting documents for application:

i. Cover letter from the Expatriate's Employer

ii. DP11A Form

iii. Personal Bond which has been stamped with a RM10.00 revenue stamp

iv. Relevant photocopies of passport pages showing recent entry of FDH into Malaysia

v. Cleared the medical examination at any clinic registered with FOMEMA

vi. Employment Contract (duly Stamped)

vii. Approval from the Philippines Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) for Filipino domestic helpers only.

c. Fees Charged

Pass - RM60.00 per year or part thereof
Processing fee - RM10.00
Journey Performed Visa Fee - RM500.00 ( if relevant)
Visa fee - according to the nationality of the individual.
Levy - RM360.00

@Gravitas - Thank you.
That is ample information for me. I think all these formalities should be initiate once the maid is here. So, the maid should first travel here using Social pass, isn't it?
Any suggestions oh how to bring the maid here and when to apply for the work permit.

Much appreciated.

You should involve your employer as they have to issue letter of endorsement etc. so they should have experience. Otherwise contact immigration direct. If you note there is a "journey performed" fee which is charged if the candidate is already in the country. Read all the forms as they usually explain things clearly, i.e. instructions are contained in the forms.

Okay. I will do that.

Thank you once again  :)

@Gravitas,
I checked with the immigration. They said that this procedure is only for people with expat/work visa. I am not. As my wife is Malaysian, I am here on a LTSVP/Dependant visa.

Therefor, can i bring the maid here on social visa and then extend the visa after 30 days? is it possible. Please advise.

You would be best to find a maid who already has a LTSVP herself i.e. married to a Malaysian. I don't think maids from India would be permitted to be brought to Malaysia. This nationality is not on the list of employable maids, so no foreign worker pass would be granted.

http://www.imi.gov.my/index.php/en/main … ign-worker

All immigration is done while the candidate is still in home country. There is no arrangement to arrive and convert.

Hi.  I am not residing in Malaysia, but I need a maid to take care of my aged mother who is in Malaysia. I understand that as an employer, I need to be earning RM5000 monthly .  The problem is that I am not working nor staying in Malaysia. Is there any other way to bring this maid from India for my mother? Thanks

Why  not just advertise for an Indian local Malaysian to look after your mother. Then no pass is required. If you have other family in Malaysia they could apply for a pass. If the maid you want is a family member then there are also other passes available.