Moving to Nairobi

Welcome to Expat.com, Kimberley !

Wishing you success in this new adventure and hope that you'll soon make some nice contacts on the forum :D

Have a nice weekend further!

Arlette

Mmmmh, I understand the feeling as I myself have throught that long long years ago (it seems ages). But in those times, there was no internet... mail to and from Africa would take weeks... and we were based in the bush!!!

But since at least there is internet, emails, skype, msn etc...

I think the group mentioned is very active in Nairobi so I'm sure you'll soon start networking :D

Cheers
Arlette

Hi kimberley, so did u start ur beauty shop yet?

hey kimberly, welcome to Nairobi!!! i would have offered you a nice homestay in karen and dont mind dogs, good for you still if you like the apartment.
As for your business you need alot of networking in Nairobi, its one market not so easy to penetrate, but with these social sites you can still reach masses. you may also think of working for someone so guys get to know you.

Good luck though,
fridah

Karibu kenya(welcome kenya)..u dont have to be scared bout been isolated and alone..kenyans are very social n always ready to make and welcome new friends..

Welcome to Nairobi

Kimberley hope you are well and are enjoying life in Nairobi.
How is the going anyway hope you made new friends by now and probably clients for your business

Hope to hear from you soon
Paul

Hi kimberley, welcome to nairobi.  I am a beauty therapist too and i work from my house on state house avenue.  I believe you will soon be able to settle and fit in and also make new friends.  If you want someone to chat to just call 0722 737 150 i wont mind being your friend.  Eunice.

Welcome to Nairobi, Kenya.
Nairobi is fast changing to sophistication and your area of expat-knowledge will make you have all the friends you need. Come over, settle your residence and start your business. Alot of new business centers are coming up all over this city and getting a business premises convenient should to you will not be alot of problem. I say this because you must avoid the jams on Nairobi roads by all means.
rgds,
Lamons

Kimberley Fernandes wrote:

Hi Looking to make new friends in Nairobi.

From London Uk now Living near Junction Nairobi.

Been here now 8 months and finding it hard to settle in, still haven't made any friends, maybe because I cant get out and about to meet ups as I do not have a car.

Kimberley

Hi Kimberly
a car may not make you meet good friends as you think,you just need to get the right positive friends in good Nairobi joints.
It won;t be long before you get a good pal,where do you visit most?

hi Kimberley, inbox me we go out for lunch any day you are free. cheers.