How to make friends in Nairobi

We have been talking about loneliness when you are abroad, let's now talk about how to make friends (locals or expatriates) when you're living in Nairobi :top:

Which are your best tips to meet people and to make friends in Nairobi??

Thanks in advance for your participation

Need some lovely and decent kenyan friends.. then contact me.

start a group on face-book/twitter/here and post links/photos of your activities to people at your embassy as well as your colleagues pages..you'll soon have too many friends and activity partners!!

I think you can start where you are. Make friends with at least one neighbour where you stay,then one work mate, two or three people at the local church that you attend. Then wact out for upcoming activites and events. They provide an opportunity to meet and make new friends. You can also go the digital way: google for people in Nairobi n you never know,you might get the best of friends ever.

This site is also a good place to start, I would have thought!

There is also a Facebook Group:  Nairobi Expat Social.  It is exclusively for expats and is a closed group which you must apply to join.  There are 959 friends listed there.  Once accepted there are lots of social activities arranged, to suit all tastes.  I used to be a member, but many of the activities are in the evenings and in Nairobi...not much good for me as I don't live there.  I would recommend if you are Nairobi based.

The best way to make new friends in Nairobi I would think is to get out more. So much goes on in Nairobi, from art to music, to film. Basically, if you have a hobby you can find other people who like what you like by following events that are related to your hobby. A good place to start is to check out Kenya Buzz (google it). They list interesting events in Nairobi.

There are other similar websites but they don't seem to come to mind right now.

I think occassionally organizing get together parties, birthday parties, weekends and holiday  tours etc. would be a good way to make friends from all walks of life

I'm asking the same question and I'm Kenyan.  I guess this site is a good place to start.

Hey everyone,
On the same note,im thinkin of a day out at Nairobi Safari Walk next Saturday from 9:00 am to (maybe) 5:00pm.

Please share yuor views.

Hi Chicita,

That's a wonderful idea but I don't think it will take all those hours to do the Nairobi Safari Walk unless you have something else planned afterwards.

Thats the point. The time gap is there for people to give different suggestions.

hello
another good way is to join various clubs.. a great way to meet people

rifle club
diving club
mountain club of kenya
national musuems
nature kenya

I'm Egyptian and I work in security cameras and information technology since 12 years,now I'm planning to come and work and live in Nairobi,,I'm asking a person who live there som questions,,are people there friendly,,chance of work therefor skilled persons specially in it field,,can i make 1000 usd per month,lease help me cos I'm sick of work in Cairo,,thanks  ++++  Mohamed gaber

making friends sounds easy but among the hardest things to achieve in human history..asking how to make friends can not have a definate answer  because that depends on who you  interested in meeting and what drives you. e.g a person who loves football or watching a movie.like me am not so much of a rugby fan.

Hi, you have mentioned in your post rifle clubs and diving clubs, can you refer or mention afew in particular?
TIA

Hi, I am in South Africa particularly Port Elizabeth and Cape Town for the next one month. Is anyone around? Looking for friends here

Hi, am looking to making friends I live in Nairobi.

Believe it or not, book clubs and public readings.

Hi,
I work in the I.T industry myself. It is possible to get work here and get 1000USD net every month but you might want to be selective in your choices. Look into companies like Copy Cat, Dimension Data, Gestalt Gild, Konvergenz, Seven Seas technologies e.t.c

All the best.

@kaylee7 Hello am Patrick am interested with you