Passport Renewal

Hi all,

i just want to ask about passport renewal, may passport is going to expire on May 2016, i am planning to have my annual vacation on december 2015 and renew my passport in the Philippines when i arrived there.
do you think saudi arabia will allow me to leave the kingdom even i only have 5 months left on my passport before it expires? thank you in advance to whoever can help me and give me advise regarding this matter.

Filipino  :D

hi, yes, they sill still allow you to leave the kingdom. but your problem is, when u will come back to the kingdom. if you are planning for vacation on dec, there will be a long holidays so i if you have only 30 days vacation i dont think u can get your passport that fast. u know how our govt offices work.
its much safer if you can renew your passport here, if the renewal of passport is available there in jubail, i think u should renew now, u have still more than 3 months before your vacation. here in saudi arabia, it will take atleast 2months to get your passport, u still have time...

dream31 wrote:

hi, yes, they sill still allow you to leave the kingdom. but your problem is, when u will come back to the kingdom. if you are planning for vacation on dec, there will be a long holidays so i if you have only 30 days vacation i dont think u can get your passport that fast. u know how our govt offices work.
its much safer if you can renew your passport here, if the renewal of passport is available there in jubail, i think u should renew now, u have still more than 3 months before your vacation. here in saudi arabia, it will take atleast 2months to get your passport, u still have time...

hi, thank you for your reply! :D i have 2 months vacation in the philippines so i think i can take my renewed passport before i leave the philippines.

Thank you again :D

welcome. it just happened, that u have the same situation with my cousin, we go vacation last may and her passport will be expired this augs. we are also worried, but then someone told us that its ok, as long as she will renew her passport before going back to saudi. it took her 3 weeks before she get her passport, its already expadite with no holidays..good thing, we have 5wks vacation, so its ok.. 
lucky you have 2 months vacation..  :)

dream31 wrote:

welcome. it just happened, that u have the same situation with my cousin, we go vacation last may and her passport will be expired this augs. we are also worried, but then someone told us that its ok, as long as she will renew her passport before going back to saudi. it took her 3 weeks before she get her passport, its already expadite with no holidays..good thing, we have 5wks vacation, so its ok.. 
lucky you have 2 months vacation..  :)

thanks a lot for this info! i will now cancel my passport renewal appointment in riyadh.. :D