Miss Americans

Hi, I recently moved here for a work assignment and have been here 2 months, I'm about an hour from Sao Paulo.  Looking to meet, hang out, people watch, share experiences, and meet friends in my similar situation. I've recently become home sick, and miss americans.  If anyones interested in meeting up let me know.

Hi martasp! Welcome on Expat-blog! :) I'm sure you'll get lot of new contacts on the site.

Good luck
Christine

Hello Martasp,

It would be ma pleasure meeting you, I will be in SP on 22-nov...please let me know if you are interested...

I don't usually go to SP during the week as I live an hour away.  But I think I'll be there on the 13th and definetly on the 20nd.
Are you living in SP or just visiting?

I am gonna have the same situation of urs....I am having an assignment and I might stay in SP for long time. :)....I will be visiting SP for da first time next 22-Nov and stay for couple of months, then go back to ma country for couple of weeks...and finally back to SP again to have everything settled...

Hi Marta, I will be in Sao Paulo for the whole weekend. Let me know whatŽs your plan. If no plans than we can work on it, I usually hang out with a group of friends (German, American, Argentine and of course many brazilians)

Hi Marta, I am currently living in Jundiaí and miss speaking with other Americans as well! I have only been here a month and I am starting to get homesick.  Does it get any better?

Hi Marta and others!

I am currently working in NY. I would be moving to Sao Paulo next week for a 6 month assignment. Very excited, but a little bit nervous as well (I have just started learning Portuguese)

I am looking forard to make some friends here to hang out during weekends and to explore the country!

P.S.: Last minute tips on things to do/know before leaving US are welcome!!

I think Marta moved back to the US.  What a fun gal to hang out with. I miss hanging out with her already! - Tim

For who is homesick and want to meet others americans/british/german/swedish/ whatever you guys should go to Omalleys pub in Alameda Itu (near to consolacao station). Another good pub with a lot foreign is All Black, Oscar Freire Street. Im brazilian and I met my american (now husband) at Omalleys pub. You cant go wrong, a lot foreigns ppl there with a lot brand of imported beers!