Saudi Work Visa/Invitation Letter

Hey all!

So I'm a little disillusioned with my potential employers in Saudia Arabia. I was offered an English Instructor job with a recruitment agency stationed in Riyadh a month ago and after the interview was conducted via Skype the recruiter said she would send me the contract and work visa authorization in two weeks. Im going to the capital city here in Canada to visit some friends in a week and conveniently enough that is where the Saudi embassy is located. I had emailed her to inform her of this so they could speed up the process so I'm able to validate my documents while im there. She said they would send it as soon as they could. Lol I'm just wondering if these types of delays are normal in obtaining the documents you need from employers in Saudi Arabia?

AllI can say is you need lot of patience if you made your mind to work here :)

Can you elaborate  :/

You will definitely need patience for the recruitment process for KSA. It is now Eid following the holy month of Ramadan, many office hours have been reduced over the period. My recruitment agent has recently advised that my passport needs to go to the embassy, however she won't be sending before July 27th due to the festivities.

Susan Peterson wrote:

You will definitely need patience for the recruitment process for KSA. It is now Eid following the holy month of Ramadan, many office hours have been reduced over the period. My recruitment agent has recently advised that my passport needs to go to the embassy, however she won't be sending before July 27th due to the festivities.

Ah yes Ramadan & Eid, that makes sense. I'm not being duped then. So how long does the recruitment process generally take for English teachers?

I have been on my recruitment journey for this particular job for just under two years - that's from when I first submitted my application. Usually doesn't take this long I believe, but there were organisational changes. I am a nurse so not sure about teachers.

Wow that is a long time. Ok well I'll keep all this in mind in addition to the Eid celebrations. Thank you!