Meeting new people, British or other

Hi everyone!

I'm half-mauritian half-british and live in flic en flac.

I'd love to meet some new people around my age who live in the tamarin/flic en flac area, British or otherwise. I enjoy Hiking, waterports, chilling out at the beach and going out for a few drinks amongst many other things!

Generally find it hard to make friends in Mauritius and thought this forum would be a good place to start!

Cheers

Colin

Hi Colin

My husband and I are from South Africa, well he's half Mauritian too! We stay in Point d Esny and would love to meet up if you ever keen. If so, send me a PM :)

Enjoy your day!

Cherize

Hi
it's good to make new friends but you didn't mention the age groupw

It might be good for the Ex-pats in Flic en Flac to meet up one evening say a Friday . As many are perhaps South African could I suggest KANZI Bar as there is good live music on a Friday and it is a nice little bar with friendly staff and is frequented by many ex-pats who may or may not be members of this forum anyway

hallo, im moving to Mauritius in Oktober. looking to stay in Perey Bere.  we are "boertjies" ... are there any other South-Africans staying in the north? which schools (international primary school) would you guys recommend?

Hi Colin,
It's great to see that there are other young people looking to make friends. I will be moving to Mauritius at the end of the year from South Africa and was nervous I wouldn't met many other expats. In September my family and I will be looking for a home in your area. How long have you been living in Mauritius,  have you met many people?

Hi Colin,

We are half Belgian, half South African and live in Tamarin with our 2 year old daughter.

Would be nice to meet other expats.

We love chilling out on the beach, going out, hiking...and I see you are kitesurfing. My husband is looking for a buddy to go with him.

Like Lesjar wrote above it would be nice to organize a get together!

Cheerio

Hi Cherize,

Let me know when you are in the West!
Would love to see you again  :)

The Kenzi Bar in Flic en Flac is a good bar to go to, Many expats and locals, my husband used to go there on his own before I arrived and was always made to feel welcome, you need to go a few times and then you recognise people and that's how conversations start.
Also Big Willys Tamarin on the weekends is a good place to meet people of all ages, its loud, packed and full of buzz.

This time next year you will have an active social life believe me I know :)