PR under category 3 i.e Professional

Hi,
I have been working in Malaysia for almost 4 plus years on a professional employment pass.

can i apply for a Malaysian PR under the Professionals category.

someone can please advise from where to get start, whats the requirements and the duration for the professional PR to get approved ?

Many thanks !

Go to the Talentcorp website. It explains everything.

Appreciate your reply Gravitas  :top:

It was put in place to cater for applications for more permanency in Malaysia.  The PR routes still exists but is limited to investors and spouses of Malaysians.

Well i dnt agree to ur statement "only for investors and M.sian spouses"...

Btw the talentcorp dnt seems to be a govt body ?

Thanks anywsy...

Anyone hv some personal experience with the process ?

Yes i got mine recently - It was quite fast and clean if you have proper documentation to support. Please visit TalentCop website and assess your eligibility.

Upon submission - you got to pay rm200 as non-refundable fee
It takes about a month time assess your application.
You will be notified with the missing requirement, etc via RP helpdesk - very professional and interactive
The officer will review your documentations, once its done he will seek approvals from the management with his/her recommendations
If Management is OK the case will be presented to the approval panel (chaired by Immigration Director-General). The panel meets approximately once a month.
Once its approved, you will get a notifications to obtain a letter (valid for 6 months) to endorse the sticker - RM1,800
then the final immigration charges RM 500 for multiple visa - Thats all

Note: You need to collect your approval letter and further payments should be done at Expat center in Cyberjaya

RP - Talent Visa is valid for 10 years
However it will give you every 5yrs or depending on your passport expiry

A simple and clean process - most of stuff can be done online.

Good luck!!

Cheers!

Is the RP-T is equivelent to PR ?
Can u do business on RP-T ?

To do business you have to set up a company which nowadays has to have GST registration as well. Appropriate paid-up capital, premises and licences are also part of the process. Its not equivalent to PR.

Hi guys thx for your time n replies.

Seems like i dnt fill up gross taxable income rm 144000/anum condition...

Hmmmm  :/

Eligibilities for Permanent Resident
1) Individual investor with minimum USD2 million Fixed Deposit (FD) in Malaysia (High Net Worth Individual)
2) Person with Expertise, Talent and Skills recognized as “World Class” by any International Organisation
3) Professional in any fields with outstanding skills
4) Spouse who married to Malaysian for minimum period of five (5) years

My analysis would be Talentcorp is an opportunity for more relaxed immigration rules when outside PR qualification.

Well the condition of taxable Rm 144k amount is for rp-t visa  :top:

By definition, that means more senior positions occupied by special talents (that benefit the Malaysian Development or world reputation) would be considered for PR. The Talentcorp is a newer facility slotted in to aid professionals (as well as returning experts who are Malaysian, which is the other side of Talentcorp). i.e. not qualifying for Talentcorp indicates not a candidate for PR by the professional route.

Gravitas@ Does tht mean i can apply for PR (red ic) instead of rp-t visa ? :unsure

I think you did not see my posting before yours. If you don't qualify for Talentcorp you wont qualify for PR. If you read the wording of Talentcorp qualification it also talks about special and valuable skills in nation building, and of course the salary level would reflect that.

Getting a PR also requires a Malaysian sponsor and is a very long-winded process and it is pretty rare to be awarded a PR through the professional route.

As a summary this is how I see the set up

1. 2 year employment pass for salaries RM5-8k per annum
2. 5 year employment pass for salaries RM8-12k per annum
3. 2 x 5 year RP-T pass for salaries RM12k upwards

Thanks Gravitas  :top:

Seems like i have to wait for another few years to fill up the RM loop firsr:cool:

5 years professional visa can get PR with point system. Refer to immigration  for points system