You seem like nice folks...

Hi Folks,
We're new to the forum.

Izzi & I are in the UK at present, coming out to Riyadh in a couple of weeks for a look with the possibility of moving out in December - would really like some advice on the "social" scene in Riyadh for couples & also on the compounds - they all look like dusty prisons on the websites - which is the best (any & all comments very welcome as it seems unfathomable at present). Looking forward to it but finding it very difficult to find the info we need to make a decision, worried about finding a job for my (Pharmacist, Pharmacologist, Neuro-pharmacologist trained) wife. I think that she'll go nuts if she dosnt get a job... Thanks in advance for the info & help. Cheers Roddy

Wellcome to the forum.. There's lots of information on here regarding compounds, but waiting lists can be very long. Someone in the medical field should be able to help on the opertunities available for your wife.   Good luck with your decision.

welcome to the  forum.

about how it is, since your coming anyway you should see fer your self. but it aint as bad as it looks... its worse. lol.

see ya when you get here :lol:

Salman

We seem like nice folks?  :blink:

lol

Welcome to the blog!

Welcome! I am sure the Mrs could easily find a job in a Hospital in KSA.

Welcome, you are very astute, we ARE nice folks! 

By nature of the Saudi environment you will not find lots of information remotely - however, when you get over, everything you need to know will unfold.  If you stroll back through this site you will find a wealth of info answering all of the questions presented and a lot more. 

Is it worth coming out - Oh yes!
Will your wife adjust - it's like any other situation in life, some make it, some don't - but where there's a will, there's a way! Also, why don't she post something on the Classified section here or on wsb.ksa.com (Women Skills Bureau) its all free.

Good luck and once you get over (after you have scoured this site properly) come back and let us know how your getting on.

For your wife, you  might think about checking out the hospitals (I know you think, "Natch", but they are one of the few enterprises that hire females.)

As far as the compounds being dusty prisons...

Some are dustier than others.

Good luck.

Here's a nice link to hospitals because it not only provides a list of names but includes links to their websites.

Best of luck!

....some days are dustier than others depends if there is a sandstorm; but you can buy brooms and dustpans and clean up after the sandstorm.

Try for Pharmacist jobs on line or thru an agent before coming out here rather than dumping your CV in every hospitals inbox. Inshalla'alla HR will read it.

Your wife is sure to get a job. There is a pharmacy on each street corner.

The in-house pharmacies within the many large private hospitals in the city would surely need her services without a doubt. Al Hammadi, Dallah, Sulaiman Habib, Saudi German, Al Mishari are a few to name.