Job Offer In Kuwait

Hey Guys,

I am just looking for some advice. I have just been offered a job in Kuwait starting in thenext couple of weeks, it private tuition for a family and as part of the package I would be housed in a suite in a hotel for the duration of the contract. I have decided to move abroad and Dubai was my original choice but now I have been offered this position. To be honest I know very little about the culture or lifestyle in Kuwait and as a western woman I am just wondering if anyone could give me any advice or their opinion.

Thank you

what is your raise?

my advice: please read the forum; you will find al answers to the questions you seek regarding culture etc.

Welcome to kuwait,  you can live as you like. Good secured by government laws for the woman. First you come in,  then you can learn local culture.  This not big deal.

hi,
Welcome to Kuwait - a country rich in oil .
Before coming to Kuwait please make sure what type of visa your Sponsor is offering you for this job - tourist visa, commercial visit visa or employment visa.
Now it is peak summer in Kuwait and temperature will hover around 45 to 50 degree celseius for the comimg three months.
The holy month of Ramadan starts from 18th June and for one month there will be not much social activities and fun in the public places. There is no night life here in Kuwait.
Thanks
Ray

hi
I'll get straight to the point. 

first of all what are you gonna teach ? and how did you find the job ?
in kuwait everything is opposite to the world you know.    that's just my opinion anyway.    I don't know what to say about culture here.  socializing is not that possible like in your country.  70% women ware burkah and these people dictate everything here. like they don't care what nationality you are or which religion you follow. they fast in Ramadan month here so they'd be happy if you don't eat too.  it's like
their country their rules,  if anyone sees you eating or drinking in some mall or something during fasting hours- you go to jail for 30  days and 100 kd in fine.    but there are some good things too.  I advise you to be careful with your employment. make sure you know everything you have to go tru.  like the civil I'd or the medical tests or any thing. even if it is the smallest of things. 

you can mail me if you need any specific or more info.  I study and understand things more than a detective haha.