Unofficial Tripoli Half Marathon 2010

There's a good chance that this year's 'Unofficial' Tripoli Half Marathon will be able to go ahead, possibly in late Oct or in Nov. I'm waiting on a sponsor to confirm they can supply the necessary number of marshals I'll need to make it safe.
It'll be held on a Friday, about 9 am. it's on & offroad, 1 x 21km lap, marshals will be at crossing points (but this is Libya!)
Last year we had a marathon and a half marathon, over 40 people  took part, it went off like Donkey Kong and by the time Tripoli had finished rubbing the sleep from their eyes, we were gone.
This year is a 1/2 marathon only. I've made the course harder, it has a nasty hill to be run twice. I'm like that. I wouldn't ask anyone to do what I've not already tried!
If you're a runner, you'll love it. If you like a challenge, you will carry me around shoulder high in hero like worship. If you like a gentle jog, you will curse me with your dying breath.
Details at: Sorry you need to register here to make my life easier
It'll only cost about 5-10LYD on the day, to cover my costs. We will have a registered nurse on hand, but you should have your own private medical insurance.
There's no t shirt, there's no medal. Just glory.

Now don't ever go saying "There's nothing to do in Libya"

Hello Mudman! :)

Your discussion has been moved to Tripoli forum for better visibility.

Also, you should post an advert under Tripoli classifieds by selecting the category -Community- Events, Leisures, Activities.

Hope that many members join you for this Marathon event.

Good luck

Regards,
Sheetul

There's ALWAYS something to do in Libya..... :)