Visit Visa Query - Oman

Dear All,

My wife came to Oman on visit visa and left after the finishing date of the visa. Wanted to know if I can get a new visit visa issued within a month or the 3 months period is mandatory.

Thanks.

Hi ahsan_iftikhar_qureshi,

Since the rule on this is not fixed, the best thing for you to do would be to try your luck by applying again.

Hi Sumitran,

Havent found correct information about visit visa for wife in the forum. Please provide the link if available or please help with the below questions.

1. Is attested marriage certificate is required for applying visit visa for wife? If yes, apostle attestation is ok or not?
2. Also please tell whether spouse name in wife's passport is also required?
3. And instead of rental agreement any alternative like receipt of hotel accommodation is ok?

Hi MadhuJ,

Since your queries are simple enough to be replied to, I shall do so here itself for everyone's convenience !

Find my responses highlighted against the questions below :

1. Is attested marriage certificate is required for applying visit visa for wife? If yes, apostle attestation is ok or not? - For your wife's visit visa nothing is needed. No marriage certificate or medical test reports. Just the regular requirements like passport size photographs, copies of select pages from her passport, etc. Details are available on the ROP website.

2. Also please tell whether spouse name in wife's passport is also required? - No spouse's name on the passport is not required while applying for a visit visa.

3. And instead of rental agreement any alternative like receipt of hotel accommodation is ok? - You are confusing between a visit visa and a family joining visa. For a visit visa no such papers need to be submitted. Suggest you apply for a simple eVisa trough the website for your wife to visit you in Oman.

Sumitran wrote:

Hi MadhuJ,

Since your queries are simple enough to be replied to, I shall do so here itself for everyone's convenience !

Find my responses highlighted against the questions below :

1. Is attested marriage certificate is required for applying visit visa for wife? If yes, apostle attestation is ok or not? - For your wife's visit visa nothing is needed. No marriage certificate or medical test reports. Just the regular requirements like passport size photographs, copies of select pages from her passport, etc. Details are available on the ROP website.

2. Also please tell whether spouse name in wife's passport is also required? - No spouse's name on the passport is not required while applying for a visit visa.

3. And instead of rental agreement any alternative like receipt of hotel accommodation is ok? - You are confusing between a visit visa and a family joining visa. For a visit visa no such papers need to be submitted. Suggest you apply for a simple eVisa trough the website for your wife to visit you in Oman.

Hi Sumitran,

Thank you Sumitran. One more clarification - Are you saying I can directly apply for a visit visa for my wife or I have to apply via sponsor?
And without spouse name in passport or without any marriage certificate how the relationship is proved for applying a relative visit visa? The ROP site also says the same, PFB text from ROP site.

◾Copy of the passport of the foreign resident, who shall be visited (to verify the relationship degree).

Hi MadhuJ,

Family Joining Visa and Visit Visa are two separate visas.

And there is nothing called a 'relative visit visa'.

Hi Sumitran,

RELATIVE / FRIENDS' VISIT VISA info is from ROP website. See below link and copied text from ROP site.

http://www.rop.gov.om/english/dg_pr_vis … evisit.asp

RELATIVE / FRIENDS' VISIT VISA

It is granted to the relatives and friends of an Omani national at his request and under his sponsorship. It is also granted to the relatives of a foreigner who is resident in Oman at the request of and on the responsibility of his sponsor. (This introduction shows that this kind of visa does not grant the foreigner's foreign friends the visa, but only to his relatives, while the Omani national's friend can benefit from such visa), which shall be subject to approval and discretion of the concerned authority. The visa shall be as follows:

Valid for use: Within six months from the date of issuance.
Validity for staying in the Sultanate: Three months from the date of entry.
Validity for extension: One month and valid for one entry.
Fees: 20 Omani Riyals.
Fines for delay extension: (10) ten Omani riyals per day.
Required attachments:

Presenting the electronic application form available through the website, to be endorsed and stamped by the sponsor, and to be typed in Arabic for Arab nationals and in English for Non-Arab nationals, enclosing the following documents:

Two photographs size (4X6) cm.
Copy of the foreigner's passport, provided it is valid for a period not less than six months.
Copy of the specimen signature of the authorised signatories issued by the Ministry of Commerce and Industry. In case of personal sponsorships, a copy of the sponsor's personal identity card is required for signature comparison.
Copy of the passport of the foreign resident, who shall be visited (to verify the relationship degree).
A letter of undertaking in which the sponsor declares that he shall be responsible for the visitor during his visit to Oman, and must mention his relationship with that visitor.

Hi MadhuJ,

Suggest you check with your company PRO on what is the best way to get the visit visa.

MadhuJ wrote:

Hi Sumitran,

RELATIVE / FRIENDS' VISIT VISA info is from ROP website. See below link and copied text from ROP site.

http://www.rop.gov.om/english/dg_pr_vis … evisit.asp

RELATIVE / FRIENDS' VISIT VISA

It is granted to the relatives and friends of an Omani national at his request and under his sponsorship. It is also granted to the relatives of a foreigner who is resident in Oman at the request of and on the responsibility of his sponsor. (This introduction shows that this kind of visa does not grant the foreigner's foreign friends the visa, but only to his relatives, while the Omani national's friend can benefit from such visa), which shall be subject to approval and discretion of the concerned authority. The visa shall be as follows:

Valid for use: Within six months from the date of issuance.
Validity for staying in the Sultanate: Three months from the date of entry.
Validity for extension: One month and valid for one entry.
Fees: 20 Omani Riyals.
Fines for delay extension: (10) ten Omani riyals per day.
Required attachments:

Presenting the electronic application form available through the website, to be endorsed and stamped by the sponsor, and to be typed in Arabic for Arab nationals and in English for Non-Arab nationals, enclosing the following documents:

Two photographs size (4X6) cm.
Copy of the foreigner's passport, provided it is valid for a period not less than six months.
Copy of the specimen signature of the authorised signatories issued by the Ministry of Commerce and Industry. In case of personal sponsorships, a copy of the sponsor's personal identity card is required for signature comparison.
Copy of the passport of the foreign resident, who shall be visited (to verify the relationship degree).
A letter of undertaking in which the sponsor declares that he shall be responsible for the visitor during his visit to Oman, and must mention his relationship with that visitor.

Hi
My understanding is that some "Royal Oman Police" rules are arbitrary and open-ended; they keep changing the rules very often (even experts would agree). That means the authorities may not be objective while taking decisions, sometimes.
In your case, I think you will need either Passport of your wife (mentioning your name) or the Marriage Certificate as mentioned in ROP website.
One good news is that Oman authorities are accepting Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) Apostile since January 2012 without the need for Oman Embassy approval on foreign documents.

Dear Madhuj,

Thanks for the information, I just want to know what is the gap between two family visit visa? After completion of 3 moths of family visit visa shall i we re-issue immediately family visit visa or any gap for re-issue of next family visit visa.

Want to know time difference  between two family visit visa.

Thanks,
Goutam

Hi, Do a return air ticket require while coming on a visit Visa ?

FYI, it is required and take care you have to pay in the your country airport as they can not allow you without return ticket.thnk

MadhuJ wrote:

Hi, Do a return air ticket require while coming on a visit Visa ?

Hi MadhuJ,

The answer to your query is Indeed yes.

Without a valid return ticket, you will not be allowed to board the flight.

And what would be the gap between issuing the 2 visit visa for the same person.

Please let me know.

rs_1234 wrote:

And what would be the gap between issuing the 2 visit visa for the same person.

Please let me know.

Hi rs_1234,

Since the rules keep changing ever so often, it is best that you check what is the latest on this issue with your company PRO. He can be your only reliable source since only he will have access to the concerned department directly.

Hi, I have a resident visa in Oman and now planning to bring my wife and baby for the first time to Oman. Their visas will be taken care by my employer. But I would like to bring my in laws also with her as she would be traveling alone with the baby.
Can anyone clarify what type of visa I can apply for my in laws. I would like to apply for 3 months relative visa but for that should my wife  have her resident card done first. In that case my plan of bringing them together will not work.
Please help

Hi, I m coming on a visit visa in jan and will stay thr for 3 months. Can in that period i can apply for a job thr? If  I am considered what will be the further process? Also kindly help me with all the documents I have to bring from my country.

Smriti choubey wrote:

Hi, I m coming on a visit visa in jan and will stay thr for 3 months. Can in that period i can apply for a job thr? If  I am considered what will be the further process? Also kindly help me with all the documents I have to bring from my country.

Hi
You can apply anytime & the employer will decide when to contact you. For example, I applied in the month of January this year (in response to their ad in Times of India) but they contacted me in April. Telephonic interview was conducted after 1 month approx. Visa formalities took another 3 months!! That means the recruitment process is planned by the employer well in advance and you have to be patient.

Carrying original documents (degree & experience certificates) won't matter much but carrying attested originals could! So you can get your original educational documents (Degree certificates) attested by HRD (State govt.) and by Ministry of External Affairs (Apostile) now itself. Its usually done through private agencies like Urogulf (expensive), Arabian attestation (cheaper), etc. That will speed up your joining once you are selected in the interview & given Offer letter.

The whole process looks something like this:
You apply for the job > Short listing of your CV > Interview (one-on-one or telephonic) > Outcome of interview (immediately after interview or via email after 2-3weeks) > Offer letter if selected > Attestation of your original documents & get Medical fitness certificate > submit the same to your employer along with passport copy > Job clearance by the concerned Ministry in Oman (can also be done by your employer before) > Visa processing > Issuance of Employment Visa > You resign from your current job & inform your employer when you can move to Oman > Employer will decide your date of joining > Book your flight ticket accordingly.

Pls note that I have only tried to outline the normal recruitment procedure 'in general'.

:top:

Dear Sumitran,

Thanks a Lot, as i was about to put the question regarding requirement of marriage certificate attestation, but your reply saved a lot of my time.

Thanks a lot for the info..

Hi experts,

I have got extended my Wife's Visit visa (3 months initial validity) for one month. ROP has stamped and it shows 'Stay until 6-01-2015'. My question here is, whether she can stay here on 6-01-2015 or need to leave before that date (ie 05-01-2015)?

MadhuJ wrote:

Hi experts,

I have got extended my Wife's Visit visa (3 months initial validity) for one month. ROP has stamped and it shows 'Stay until 6-01-2015'. My question here is, whether she can stay here on 6-01-2015 or need to leave before that date (ie 05-01-2015)?

HI MadhuJ,

Your wife cannot legally stay in Oman on the 7th of January, 2015.

Does that answer your question ?

Hi Madhuj,

What i can gather , is that you can extend the visit visa by paying 20 OMR for another month, else she needs to leave by 6th .

Thanks Sumitran!

This is the headline in today's Oman Daily Observer (Tuesday, December 08, 2015).

NO SECOND VISIT VISA BEFORE 3 MONTHS

Following is the full story :

Dec 7: A second visit visa (family joining visa) will not be issued before the lapse of three months, the Royal Oman Police (ROP) sources have said. This rule won't be applicable for business visa which is
usually valid for 21 days.

“The visitor should spend three months away from the Sultanate after he or she completes the visa period of three months or four months (if renewed) before his relatives can apply for a second visit visa”, a ROP official told the Observer.

In Oman, a resident can apply, through the company's PRO (Public Relation Officer), for a family joining visa which is valid for three months unless it is renewed. Once renewed, it is further valid for one more month.

There have been cases where the application by some companies for a second visit visa were rejected citing the reason of not completing three months after the first visit visa was expired.

“The IT system will not accept any application for a visitor who has not completed the stipulated period outside the country and we have been receiving such applications which were turned down”, he said.

The reason behind is said to be the illegal practice of visitors taking jobs during the visit period. Once it is renewed, companies apply for a fresh visit visa during which they complete the employee's resident visa formalities.

“I think the reason why there is a curb on the visit visa could be the fact that some companies are using the visit visa to get their potential staff in Oman and make them work for next couple of months and later proceed with their resident visa formalities”, a travel agent in Muscat said.

I am talking about family joining visa not visit visa

Hi Sumitran,

Thank you for updating us with the latest news.

To conclude the latest news you posted, does it mean that my wife will have to go back and leave from Oman after 3/4 months and can only be able to join me again after spending 3 months outside of Oman? I'm on employment visa here and will soon be applying for my wife's joining visa (Family Joining Visa) and now I'm concerned after reading your post that is my case also included in this rule?

Regards,
Osama

Hi osamashafiq,

If the details mentioned in the news item matches with your case, then it would obviously be as per the timelines mentioned in the published news item only.

How many days it takes to get visit visa

Hinak wrote:

How many days it takes to get visit visa

from 1 day to 1 month.... or probably more, depending upon how good is the PRO.

My visit visa is in process 9 business days almost complete but now they want  copy of 2,3 page of passport its mean it take more 2 weeks