Favourite places to eat in Tripoli

Now this has been talked about in the past but I thought I would start a new thread. What I want to know is - where are your favourite eateries in Tripoli, what kind of food do they serve, and what is the price like.

One of my favourites is next to Marcus Aurelius gate, it serves quite a mixture of dishes from Couscous to Steak (if they have any), prices are reasonable (about 16LYD for a decent steak) and the location is excellent.

I really like local Libyan food, but tracking down local restaurants is not as easy as it sounds.

You mean the one on your right when you enter tha arch? If so it's ok, I've been there once.

I've also been to the one on the left "Andalusia", not bad, the view on the rooftop is quite nice, maybe a litlle pricey around 30LD each...

The chinese in Gargaresh is also ok, pricey if you compare to the same kind of place in Europe...

I'm still planning to go to Abo Ali and Zuwaddeh.

I love Abu Ali (and their 2nd branch on Omar Muhktar). We go there quite a lot and everything is priced great - the two of us have lunch for around 10 dinars. There is the traditional restaurant just down from there also - lunch for about 20 but my husband loves their couscous there.

SafiaD wrote:

I love Abu Ali (and their 2nd branch on Omar Muhktar). We go there quite a lot and everything is priced great - the two of us have lunch for around 10 dinars. There is the traditional restaurant just down from there also - lunch for about 20 but my husband loves their couscous there.

Cheers Safia, will try Abu Ali out, how far up Omar Muhktar street is it from the entrance to the Medina ?

Clansman wrote:

Cheers Safia, will try Abu Ali out, how far up Omar Muhktar street is it from the entrance to the Medina ?

It's just past the exhibition grounds, near the roundabout...

No question. NOUR on Omar Mukhtar street. Food - Excellent. Staff/Service - Excellent. Price- Excellent.

Zuwadeh, and the Italian inside Corinthia are both top notch imo.

The restaurant above the pool in El Khan.  Near the Church of Rome. Pricey enough but food is good and selection wide.

The new Italian just along from Cook Door on Gargaresh road is outstanding.

Horizontal Harry wrote:

The new Italian just along from Cook Door on Gargaresh road is outstanding.

Glad to hear that because my husband friend is a chef there. :)