Expat Leaving Mauritius - lots of Stuff for sale

Well it has been almost two years living in Mauritius. I've enjoyed my time but it is time to go back to USA. Before we leave we have lots of stuff for sale. When I'm back in the USA I'm going to help expats in Mauritius with shipping stuff from USA.

Brand New XB0X 360 Slim 4G model with four controllers - 14000RS with
Nintendo Wii with 4 remotes and 6 games - 15000 rs
Nintendo DDR dance pad with game - 3000rs
Brand New Waterproof Colored GPS Onyx 350 GPS - 5000rs
RC Simulator over 50 planes and helicopters - 8000rs
Boys Baby and Infant Clothing - 50 rs to 90rs
Brand New Sony Portable 9" DVD Palyer - 5000 rs
Aquascooters snorkeling vehicle(qty 10) - 21000 rs
Canon 310 MX Printer,Scanner, Copier, Fax  with brand new inks - 4000rs
Brand new water proof bags 30liters - great for beach - 900rs(qty 6)
Baby backpack carrier upto 18kg with sun cover - 2000 rs
Baby walker - 900 rs
Portable Baby Crib - 3000 rs
Baby swing/rocker with music 2100rs
Brand new 2G mp3 players with headphone - 600rs
Used Ipod Shuffle with waterproof case, waterproof headphones 3000rs
Heartrate watch with wireless chest monitor - 1500rs
2gb Apple Ipod
Camelpack with water resevoir - 900rs
Infant Bath tub - 600rs
Lots of baby toys - must come to house and see
Over 100 English children books all from America - 60 rs to 100rs
Electric breast pump only used 5 times- 3000 rs
Brand new Equinox HD6 Underwater with Canon HV30 (great for a dive center) - 70,000 rs
Dive Package: Sherwood BC, regulator, spare octo, depth gauge, 2nd stage and 80cu tank 24000rs- qty 5

Hiya

Would it be possible for you to add some pics with the items too?

Thanks

Alisa.

Please send me a private email with items you are interested in and I can do it.

Hi Paul,

Though we  met only once. It was a pleasure meeting you and your wife. I wish you all the best in USA.

Cheers!!!
Terence

Hi Paul,
You could also post this in Mauritius Classifieds -> Buy and sell
Good luck for the future!
Arlette

Hi email ad is [email protected].

1. Brand New Waterproof Colored GPS Onyx 350 GPS - 5000rs (is it the bushnell one?)

2.Brand New Sony Portable 9" DVD Palyer - 5000 rs (the 360 deg rotable screen?)

3. Boys Baby and Infant Clothing - 50 rs to 90rs

4. Baby backpack carrier upto 18kg with sun cover - 2000 rs

5. Portable Baby Crib - 3000 rs

6. Baby swing/rocker with music 2100rs

7. Brand new 2G mp3 players with headphone - 600rs

8.Used Ipod Shuffle with waterproof case, waterproof headphones 3000rs

9. 2gb Apple Ipod (price pleas?)

10. Lots of baby toys - must come to house and see

11. Over 100 English children books all from America - 60 rs   to 100rs

It's a bit of a hassle, but if you can mail me some of the photos, that would be great:)

Thank you.

Hansa.

p.s you might want to contact a diving centre for the last items.

Hi,

Thanks you all for your help and support. I've learned that there are lots of things Mauritius is not providing or is very over priced. The baby store in Pt Aux Canonnier is selling baby sling for 3250 rs, which I sold one for 600rs. When I'm back in the states I want to help mothers and expecting mothers with getting affordable baby and kids stuff.

Additional Items for sale-
6 pad Electronic Muscle Stimulator/Tens Machine: great for back massages, back pains, building muscles. Same machine used to rebuild Bruce Lee while he was in bed for 6 months.

Leap Frog Tag Read System - Teaches kids to read by themselves. We have reader system and 3 books. #1 tool used to teach kids to read. 3000rs.

Apple Iphone 3Gs 16gb - Unlocked and Jailbroken can use on any carrier in Mauritius. 15000rs

Canon 40d with Tamron 25-250lens, extra battery and two 4gb cards. 36000rs

Thanks,

Paul

Things are indeed overpiced here. I bought a Quinny Buggy for half the price from UK, as compared to a store in Port Louis, where, frankly speaking they literally rip you off through and through.

When are you leaving btw?

that would be fantastic to help us mums get cheaper goods!

Take an example. I can get LG 47" TV's for 21000rs the same tv goes for 58000rs in Mauriitus. If 8 people wanted these, I could ship these to Mauritius and clear customs for 27000rs. So you would save almost 30000rs for a tv.

Hello Paul

when are you leaving?and if the items are still for sale when would it be possible to meet and buy them?

Thank you

Hansa.

Here's a thought. What if we plan a SALE day. We would all meet and bring stuff we wanted to sell. In America we call this a garage sale. Before the event, individuals could submit a list of stuff they have for sale and then bring it to the event. Let me know what you thin. I miss garage sales in America.

That sounds good, I have emailed you vereral times with no reply? Are the items still around? or have you sold them?
What day are you thinking?

Good Idea! But I think that should be on weekends!

mom2cc wrote:

That sounds good, I have emailed you vereral times with no reply? Are the items still around? or have you sold them?
What day are you thinking?

- I've emailed you from my gmail account twice. Please send me private message.

Hi pbrough,

Garage sale is a very good idea, even if I would be more interested in buying items than selling the few I own(I am here only for one year ...)

hi juys im iterested please keep me posted. regards rishi

Any suggestions on the location for expat2expat sale?

at your place ?

I'm fine with that. If we have it in the evening my house is 50 meters from Roots restaurant and we can use the parking space. Date please?

Saturday or Sunday would be better than weekdays for most people.

Ok. I will plan the Expat2Expat sale. If you are interested please send me an private email and a list of stuff you have for sale. I will put the list into one big list and then choose a date.

I need your help selling my Windriders. They are 17 foot sailing trimarans and can take up to 4 people. No boat license or captain license is required for the windrider. I have two blue 17 foot and two 10 foot yellow for sale. If any one could pass this on to their friends who might be interested. Very good price. Thanks for the help.

pbrough wrote:

Ok. I will plan the Expat2Expat sale. If you are interested please send me an private email and a list of stuff you have for sale. I will put the list into one big list and then choose a date.

have ya been able to decide the date.. . . I wud be one of the potential buyers :D

and all the best with the windriders :)

Cheers
Musheer

The sale is going to take place in the next two weeks. I would like to know who would like to come and who would like to sell some items.

Thanks,

Paul

I have some things I could sell.....

hi Paul,

Count me in as a buyer!! Could we have the sale on or after 20th Nov, if this works for you :D

cheers,
Musheer

Hi Paul,

I am a potential buyer but put it on saturday or sunday

cheers,
Njaka

i would like to come around and see what i can get.

Sounds pretty interesting with sending of stuffs from US. How do you plan to work things out? Getting the order, sending payment, etc.

If this needs a private msg, please revert back to [email protected]

Thanks for considering,
ZAK

Need your help. If you know anyone who would like to own there own personal sail boat please let me know. They are called Windrider 17 and they are 17feet. Easy to sail and can take up to 5 people.

Hey P,
We've been waiting eagerly for the announcement of your "garage sale" ... Have ya considered a date or have thy called it off? An update on this would be nice!!

Cheers
Musheer

I was eating dinner with a local Mauritian family last night. The son is a DJ. We got talking about DJ equipment. He just bought 2 CDJ-200 units in Mauritius last week for 68,000rs. While I was at his house I brought up the internet on my phone and went to USA amazon.com and I could buy both units and ship them to Mauritius for 25,000rs. I felt very upset for him. We did get a good laugh because we have a new term. Welcome to MOREritius...It's going to cost you More to be in Mauritus. So, please if you are going to buy anything send me a private message I can help save you lots of money.

Hi Julian,

The first post is in Jan'10 that Pbrough is leaving the country. Its alomost a year now. Is he really leaving the country or using this forum as a marketing tool to do business. I can see most of his post that he is trying to make money from people from this forum. I suggest that he use the Classifed space if he wants free markting.

A well wisher of this forum!!!
Arif

no comment - discussion closed

Closed