Depended visa for my father-in-low

Dear All? :(
My husband been working  in H.T.N Co., And obtaining a work permit in Phuket,Thailand Since 1 August 2013. I Would like to bring my father in low to stay with us in Thailand as a dependent.because my mother in low is passed away. I already submit the Invitaion letter and all the required documents (same set of document when i get the  Non immigration o visa 1 year before ) but my father could not get the Non immigration o visa due a request letter from Thailand Ministry (according to the officers in Embassy).So I've visited Thai Ministry to get a Letter of premising from Ministry and the answer I got from ministry is that they will not issue a letter for this reason and the document I already submitted to Thai Embassy is good enough to get the non immigration o visa For my father in low. Do you have any idea about this matter. Can you help us?

Lihini wrote:

Dear All? :(
My husband been working  in H.T.N Co., And obtaining a work permit in Phuket,Thailand Since 1 August 2013. I Would like to bring my father in low to stay with us in Thailand as a dependent.because my mother in low is passed away. I already submit the Invitaion letter and all the required documents (same set of document when i get the  Non immigration o visa 1 year before ) but my father could not get the Non immigration o visa due a request letter from Thailand Ministry (according to the officers in Embassy).So I've visited Thai Ministry to get a Letter of premising from Ministry and the answer I got from ministry is that they will not issue a letter for this reason and the document I already submitted to Thai Embassy is good enough to get the non immigration o visa For my father in low. Do you have any idea about this matter. Can you help us?

I appreciate that English may not be your first language. If I understand you correctly you are in Thailand with your husband, he is working legally and you are here on an O Visa (dependent). You would like to bringyour husbands father over as a dependent?

Well the problem is the Embassy since the regulations clearly allow you to do this.

Here is what they say for a dependent(parent):

(1) The alien must have been granted a non-immigrant visa (NON-IM).
(2) Must have proof of relationship.
(3) In the case of spouse, the relationship must be de jure and de facto: or
(4) In the case of children, adopted children, or spouse's children, said children, adopted children, or spouse's children must not be married, must live with the alien as part of the family, and must not be over 20 years of age except in case of the person hereof is of illness or disability and cannot live without support of father or mother: or
(5) In the case of parents, the father or mother must be 50 years of age or over.

Important bit here is father in Law must be over 50 years old.

Here is evidence required:

1. Application form
2. Copy of applicant's passport
3. Copy of the passport of the alien who has been permitted to stay in the Kingdom
4. Copy of documents proving relationship, such as a marriage certificate, a birth certificate, registration of child legitimization, household registration certificate, child adoption registration certificate, or other evidence from the government or relevant agency
5. In case the children, adopted children or spouse's children of 20 years old with illness or disability and is not able to carry on life alone, and in need of father or mother's maintenance, a letter of confirmation and request for a temporary stay issued by physician from the hospital admitted or relevant state medical institute is required.

Unfortunately It is not unusual for embassy to interpret regs their own way. Is there another Thai consulate or Embassy you could use.

Hope that helps, please tell me if I have misunderstood your request.

Thanks For you reply.
We have already submitted the Following
1)  Application form
2) Copy of applicant's passpor / husband's work permit & passport
3)Company Registrations and legal  documents related to my work place
4) Legalize Documents (husband's Birth Certificate , Father Birth Certificate )
to Thai Embassy of Sri Lanka. The problem we face was . Officer in who collected the documents from counter was asking a request letter from Thailand foreign Ministry. Which I could not get for there. My father in law is 72 years old and he can not stay alone.
I 've Already Visited Foreign Minister in bangkok for asking a request for this matter. But I they are not able to send this kind of request for Thai embassy of Sri Lanka. Is this really Needed for get Non-Immigrant O visa ?

Lihini wrote:

Thanks For you reply.
We have already submitted the Following
1)  Application form
2) Copy of applicant's passpor / husband's work permit & passport
3)Company Registrations and legal  documents related to my work place
4) Legalize Documents (husband's Birth Certificate , Father Birth Certificate )
to Thai Embassy of Sri Lanka. The problem we face was . Officer in who collected the documents from counter was asking a request letter from Thailand foreign Ministry. Which I could not get for there. My father in law is 72 years old and he can not stay alone.
I 've Already Visited Foreign Minister in bangkok for asking a request for this matter. But I they are not able to send this kind of request for Thai embassy of Sri Lanka. Is this really Needed for get Non-Immigrant O visa ?

Sorry I can't help more. Clearly from what you say the problem is at the Embassy in Sri Lanka.

DoesThailand also have a consulate in youir homeland? Sometimes different Thai embassy/consulates in the same country operate under "different" criteria or interpretation of the rules. This happens in my home country the UK for example where consulates are much more user friendly.

If you are currently in Thailand who is dealing with your father in laws visa application?
Is it an agency? If not, maybe an agency might have more success or alternatively if you are using an agency try someone else.

Good Luck

Thanks for your help. :)

Why you don't bring him in Thailand with another type of visa ( retirement or tourist ) and then do all the paperworks in Thailand. it will be easier to sort out his situation as you both will be together ( financial requirement is different for each type of VISA, but as you have no choice to bring him with you I suppose you can afford it for your dad )