Getting married in norway on tourist visa

Hello

I am indian planning to get married in norway to a norwegian citizen.i have 2year valid multiple entry visa valid upto 2016 october.we checked with tax office 3times and they said no problem to get married with tourist visa.only thing i have to go back.

But just to confirm if any guys have any experience plz tell me.im really tensed bcoz july is coming close very fast.please encourage me😃

i will not discuss the requirements, u can check this at the site of skatteetaten..

i'll focus on the "valid visa" requirement..

the "valid visa" should be on the date of your planned marriage.. since you have a multiple entry visa, i believe skatteetaten will calculate this based on your Schengen entry stamps.. please keep in mind that even tho you have a multiple entry visa for 2 years, you are only allowed for 90-days with a period of 180 days... please use this calculator to plan your visits: Schengen Calculator

Can u please tell me how to calculate this.i culdnt understand.my last entry was on dec 5 nd returnrd on jan7

you may have to enter all your schengen stays for the last 7-8 months... this includes other countries as well, not just norway..

the calculator can tell u how many days more u can stay after all ur other Schengen stays.. it can also tell you if ur "planned entry" is valid or not...

im sorry but i am on my phone and the
calculator site isnt working good on mobile browser :(

if u feel lost on the site, click on the "?" icons for instruction details..

best thing in my opinion, if ur planning to get married on a tourist/visit visa, is to do it on a full 90-day stay... u may have to wait 6 months after ur last entry to schengen... again, considering the 90-day within 180 days rule - this is important for determining your "VALID STAY"...

i believe 90 days is enough to apply for the test cert, and schedule the wedding.. u may still have enough time for a honeymoon.. test cert can take up to 3-weeks in skatteetaten, and you need at least 1 week before the wedding to schedule in a court-house.. marriage on a tourist/visit visa wont give u much time to prepare for a wedding ceremony, so a civil wedding is more common..

in my case, i have 70 days in april.. if things wont go as we initially planned, i can re-apply (i actually prepared again all the legal papers needed for the test cert, just in case) and will still have enough time to get married..

hope all this can help u in ur plans.. btw, congratulations and good luck :)

Yes, marrying a Norwegian citizen does not qualify an automatic stay even though you have a qualifying visa for 2 years. I have a colleague in my job who married a Filipina, and she had to go back to the Philippines to apply for the resident permit. It took more that 6 months before she was granted a visa.

Good luck