Hi wives of the expats, Have you guys bought round trip ticket to

come to Mauritius?

I heard that you have to buy round trip tickets to come to Mauritius, but I don't want to do so because I don't plan to come back to Canada in a year, I want to travel to another county.  Also I can not get refund for that ticket I don't need (I have already confirmed that with the airline company)

My husband has occupational permit in Mauritius, I know that my baby and I can stay with him as dependent. But my question is , If  my baby and I arrived  Mauritius without round trip ticket ,  are we going to be in trouble at the airport?

Thanks
Maggie

pffff

its very tricky but as far as i know i guess u dont need round ticket.. rest sm more ppl advised required but its better ur husband shd get this info form BOI or at Passport and immigration office they shd guide properly

cheers and welcome :)
vishal

Hi Maggie,
You will have to travel to Mauritius on a visit visa as you have to be here personally to get your OP, your medicals are part of the process. If you travel to Mauritius on a Visit visa you will not be able to fly out of Canada without a return ticket at the same time,even the Mauritian immigration will ask you for your return ticket.
The best solution is to buy a cheapeast airticket and discard it if you will not use it or reissue it in case you want to use the ticket to fly to another destination.
I hope this helps

Terence

Hi guys , thank you very much for your reply.  Here is my situation: My husband is in Mauritius right now, Baby and I are in Canada. My husband has occupational permit for a year, we just want to fly to mauritius without purchaing round trip ticket and then stay with my husband . Am I going to be in trouble?

Hi Maggie,
You are allowed to come on a tourist visa Visa requirements for Mauritius (ask for a 2 months visa upon arrival); then your husband or his company can process your file as well as the baby's for dependant resident permit.
Cheers
Arlette

FeeAcer wrote:

Hi Maggie,
You are allowed to come on a tourist visa Visa requirements for Mauritius (ask for a 2 months visa upon arrival); then
Cheers
Arlette

But she will still need to show a return ticket @ immigration upon entry to the island , doesn't she?
Her main concern is not getting a R/T (round trip)  ticket  which I believe a reliable travel agent in her home town could help her with.
If she wants a O/W ( one way ticket) she will have to pay full fare- most probably more than a low-cost non-refundable R/T ticket via Air Canada in conjunction with Air Mauritius ( connection either in London or Paris)  .  Or else bite the bullet , purchase a full-fare REFUNDABLE R/T ticket  and once her dependent resident permit is approved and delivered, go to the airline company for her refund on the return portion. There are no two ways about the airfare IMHO.

There is another option : buy a single ticket +  one way to La Reunion which can be shown at arrival and easily refundable.

Maggie,

AirFrance and some of the major airlines allow you to book a ticket and hold it for 72 hours before paying for it. so i would suggest that on the day you depart to Mauritius that you reserve a return ticket and just show that reservation when you arrive here at the airport.

This is what myself and my fiance had to do when we came here in May. Check airfrance ebsite and you can see that they give you the option of a later payment...

When you go through immigrations have a photo copy of your husband's passport and Resident permit. You don't have to buy a round trip ticket.