Moving to the SUN

:D Hi all. So moving to the Sun of Malta soon. 27 and I am currently in Security management with experiences in customer and guest focused roles. Now i am eager to understand what the employment in Malta is like for someone who does not speak Maltese but is willing to learn. You can do all the research in the world but certainly better to hear it form people living the Malta life already. I am tending to think that moving away form the security industry in Malta may be good as i hear it is low paid. Is it certainly a case of who you know in Malta then what you know when it comes to employment. Thank you in advance for the advice.

Hi im barbara I live in malta and I am from the uk I have recently found employment and I thought I would find it difficult with not speaking Maltese but it is nit a problem as they are also english speaking I found my job on maltapark hope you find success and the job u are looking for barbara

You shall have a look on Maltajobs too they got a lot of offers!

I have certainly noticed tho that. Most sites dont state a wage.

No they never give a wage. So don't expect the same as the UK.

Hi in the uk I was on £9 an hour in health care in malta im doing the same job for €4, 66 so a big difference in wages barbara

But also a lot cheaper to Live here i feel. Jobs are very easy to find if you are willing to do the work and take the jobs, Expect wages to be at least 50% cheaper than the UK but then the Accomodation etc here is cheaper as well.

Enjoy your time here it really is the Rock that Rocks.

We are arriving in Malta in March. Last week we flew over for 5 days and searched for accomodation. We looked at 3/4 properties a day all ranging from €600  - €800 and we managed to get a free month in Feb and start our T/A in March when we can arrive.
In the meantime we sent CVS out to hotels as we have both been in the hospitality trade but found many didnt want to know if your not physically in Malta already. So jobs will be needed when we arrive. I also run my own business and will need to get networking too!
I would take whatever funds you can gather with you, find some cheap short term digs and start looking every day in the meantime send some CVS prior to your arrival ( they do take a while to respond as things are much slower) the cost of living is much cheaper for sure and one of the reasons we are ditching Surrey to move out there.  Good luck with your search :-)