Just Arrive

Hi everybody,

I'm Italian just arrive last week in Riyadh!
Riyadh will be my home for me & soon for my wife for the next couple of years!

Mabrouk for the forum! Very interesting and full of tips!

Hope to be an active member!

Ciao

Dany&Adri wrote:

Hi everybody,

Ciao

Ciao Bello and Bella,

Hmmm.. can't remember any more Italian!  Oh well, in English then:  Welcome to the forum!!

Si, Ciao, I hope to see you around. Enjoy the blog and bloggers.
Welcome.

Dave

Welcome dear..........Hoping u to have a good time in riyadh:D

MAR-GA-RETTI !!!

:cool:

Welcome, what part of Italy you from, and what kind of job have they got lined up for you here?

Welcome to the Kingdom. Love the sand.

Although I am not there yet, welcome to the KSA.

Ciao, Dany&Adri ! I am italian too and i will arrive on the 6th. My husband and I will teach at one of the international school in Riyahd. Welcome and good luck ! :)

Just before the Eid, that's the holiday after Ramadan. Good timing - lots of bargains.

Enjoy.

Dave

What a nice & warm wellcome from all of you!
Thankyou!!!

Wow, welcome to the Kingdom.
You're just on time. The Eid is coming, and you will have so much fun, insha Allah. Pleasure to have you here.

Ramon,

Ramon1990 wrote:

You're just on time. The Eid is coming, and you will have so much fun, insha Allah. Pleasure to have you here.

Ramon,

Just out of curiosity, why would you think Eid is fun for non-Muslim expats?  We're not invited to share in any of the festivities.  It's nothing for us except regular work days (just like Christmas, Easter, etc.).

Dany&Adri wrote:

Hi everybody,

Ciao

Hey Welcome to the Forum and Riyadh. Sure you and your family will have great time in Riyadh.

Ciao mate.

Alliecat wrote:
Ramon1990 wrote:

Ramon,

Just out of curiosity, why would you think Eid is fun for non-Muslim expats?  We're not invited to share in any of the festivities.  It's nothing for us except regular work days (just like Christmas, Easter, etc.).

lol! Well then, too bad for ya. Don't have fun! :lol:

Ramon1990 wrote:

lol! Well then, too bad for ya. Don't have fun! :lol:

You don't have a clue what it's like for expats here, do ya?  It's not that I am choosing not to have fun; it's just the way it is in this society for 'outsiders.'

I dont think one needs a special occasion, a day, week, or month to have fun. Life is fun itself. Enjoy it.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
MM, you are such a wit.
The management schedule the difficult jobs to this time of year, ie Ramadan and Eid so that these job gets done while ALL the Saudi nationals are off.
I have been involved in modifications and spend upto 4 hours a day with half my body inside a fuselage. No air conditioning.

Now you know why I'm so slim. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

The expats might get ONE day off over the Eid, but then again we don't have Ramadan to recover from.

Such is life. Good job I enjoy my work, it is so much fun.:joking:.  I have to have the weekends off otherwize I'd be 'funned' out.
:idontagree::idontagree::idontagree::idontagree:

Now that is so not fair :mad: hmmm I wonder if u guys are allowed for Christmas vacations :| I may leave for Khubor next day of Eid :( but we r too lazy t celebrate Eid all we take it as vacations and try to enjoy a bit in our possibilities.

Consider yourself lucky as u dont have to attend ton of Iftar Parties:)

No Christian holidays, nonz.. just another work day here unless we've planned annual leave during those times.

Muslims in the US get to partake of the Christian holidays, as do the Jewish population.

Of course, this ain't the US (no need to remind me LOL).

Wherever I have worked in KSA we have always allowed the Christians to take the day off on Dec 25 to date althoug its not an official holiday

Alliecat wrote:

No Christian holidays, nonz.. just another work day here unless we've planned annual leave during those times.

Muslims in the US get to partake of the Christian holidays, as do the Jewish population.

Of course, this ain't the US (no need to remind me LOL).

That sux :mad:

musicman wrote:

Wherever I have worked in KSA we have always allowed the Christians to take the day off on Dec 25 to date althoug its not an official holiday

MM - What matters is if that day is counted as public holiday for you or deducted from your annual leave.

Unfortunately our office will not be working from 7th Tuesday till 13th Monday and lucky me i have to go to office everyday..

Anil

Dany&Adri helllo

welcom here in riyadh

how can i helpp u

easy going