Experience for traveling in Singapore

Hi everyone
I'm planning to SIN next Mar or Apr. I've never been to there before. Can you help me share experience where I should go for staying ( hotel, motel), sightseeing, shopping, drinking, enjoying food,..  . Maybe I'll have been staying 4 days.
Thanks
Jiao

Bring lots of money.

Jiao wrote:

I'm planning to SIN next Mar or Apr. I've never been to there before. Can you help me share experience where I should go for staying ( hotel, motel), sightseeing, shopping, drinking, enjoying food,..  . Maybe I'll have been staying 4 days.

It's way more expensive than VN. Visit a Traveller web site and look for cheap accommodation. Don't waste your money on expensive hotels - look for hostels. Transportation is good - the subway goes all over.

Food is good - ask for the outside food courts, they are very safe as the SP authorities inspect them with a vengeance.

Remember, the tap water you drink - very, very, pure - is recycled sewage water plus water from the streets.

Mmmm - lip smacking good.

wow
can't wait to go. Thanks Jaitch.
Id like to explore how clean SIN is.

Hi,

Sharing with you some of my experience travelling to Singaporee:
1. Airticket: you may look for budget airline such as Tiger Airway which the fare for round trip is around 150$
2. Hotel: if you're interested in exploring Singaporean cuisine, it'd better to book hotel at Geylang area (red light area hihi), hotels here cheap, and to me it's safe to stay and more crowded at night. Go to Agoda site for booking hotel.
3. Transportation: by bus and MRT. There's no way to get lost as it's very clear and systematic.
4. Places to visit: there're lots of brochures at hotels. Singapore is a developed country, not many natural sightseeing. You may visit the downtown area (Merlion Park, China Town, Little India, Marina Bay Sand...), go to the seaside, or Singapore Zoo, Night Safari, Orchid Gargen...)

Notes: If you're female tourist (asian nationality), please dress nicely since the Singaporean customs officers are very strict (for sensitive reasons)

Okay, I need to get back to work. If you need any further info, pm me later

Great day!

Linh

Hi.

If you are travelling by yourself - I would suggest not to stay in Geylang.

For a little more - you could stay at the Novena area. The Value hotel chains there are ok, and some VN friends have stayed there before. Also relatively cheap.

When my VN friends come, usually its Universal Studios, Marina Bay Sands, Orchard Road.

Female tourists tend to have a hard time. If you come with your parents or something its much easier. Make sure you have return tickets and some cash with you.

singapore in my opinion is one of the safes places in the world. so where ever you chose to stay should be alright. pretty much i can only give you info on food and drinking/parking because thats what i do when i travel besides the tourist traps.

food- can't go to singapore and not get chicken rice since thats like their famous dish. other things to try is chilli crab and indian food.
drinking- you can go down to riverwalk there are tons of bars. its like bui vien but westernize . if your willing to spend a little bit more id recommend 1-Altitude lounge without out a doubt. probably the best view singapore has to offer.

Singapore is one of the best countries in the world.It clean,safe and easy to use the train.The Geylong district has the cheapest hotels.it is a bit seedy but the train is a 3 block walk.The food is wonderful on the street or in the cafes.plenty too see,the Arab section and the Indian temples are a must,The chinesse garden is worth a couple hours,I have visited the city alone and with my wife.She didn't mind Geylong,we only slept there other areas are very expensive. Enjoy

If they're still pushing the "Singapore Zoo at Night" experience, don't bother. Since animals are fed in zoos, and don't have to hunt it down themselves, you basically stare at them, and they at you, from a distance. Better by day. If you are looking for nice jewelry, for yourself or as a gift, be sure to visit Little India for some very nice designs.