Expat hobbies

wow that sounds amazing....living in India as you can imagine there are also thousands of amazing things to do and see!
Queenie

hobbies are reading,browsing,watch tv., chitchat with friends...

tennis and travelling

Non technical street photography.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 573#527221

I Love travelling.. exploring different places! :)

mine are chess, cinema, laugh and mess around

Im a crafter....card making, i also paint, love cooking...makes a mean fruit scone and choc chip cookies. If i move abrouad i cant take my card making stuff {pakistan} but might take my paints {watercolour}.If i can i might take my books and cd's if allowed.
Having to sell my card making stuff :sosad:

photography for me always been my passion aka my fav hobby ;-) & cycling

Writing is my passion and my new passion theses days is cooking. I love standing in the kitchen and mix new ingredients together and taste it.

Expat hobbies, hahaha, going online, networking...

My hobbies
Baking, painting, reading, and card making, cooking and trying to stop my rice from bouncing.
I'm also about to try me hand at quilting :unsure

sports, singing and hanging out with friends.. nothing extraordinary, but if you have a better suggestion, I am open minded to try.

How about haggis hunting :cool:

I like taking pictures, listening to metal,explore the internet,travelling,observing people etc

Photography for my life :)

I got new hobbie again :D
im doing my cards again. sold 15 to 1 woman who was in same ward as my mum :D

aside from getting lazy watching movies, series and rum with my baby dog. mine is baking and formulating new recipes :) cool and very exciting.

Well, mine would be discovering about other countries and cultures.
I don't know if you can really call it a hobby, it's more a way of life. Always wanting to learn more about people.

i dont even know that game.. well i dont think i have hobby,,, i like many things in some period and then changing every some times.

well over the last 2 days, i have made nearly 60 variouse card toppers and today im going to make them into cards. :blink:
Then tonight im going to start cutting out decoupage sheets and making into more card toppers. :top:

haggishunter wrote:

well over the last 2 days, i have made nearly 60 variouse card toppers and today im going to make them into cards. :blink:
Then tonight im going to start cutting out decoupage sheets and making into more card toppers. :top:

Nice one.
I'm not all that creative (except for great aper aeroplanes) but I love messing on the internet.

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq281/fredyboys/z-3.gif

Fred thats brillllllllll i want one plz :lol::cheers:

haggishunter wrote:

Fred thats brillllllllll i want one plz :lol::cheers:

I stole it from an internet site.
Google "haggis animated gif"

or, if you're feeling wild, you can download free software and make them for yourself.

fred
i want one like your jumping sheep :D

that jumping sheep gets the kitting going nuts trying to kill it :lol:

Naturally as an expat photography plays a large part, however I like to combine this with geocaching, if you don't know what that is have a look at www.geocaching.com. It's a great actvity that can be done in almost any country and it'll get you visiting many interesting places. Other than that hanging out in expat related forums?

I love shooting sports, from archery to target shooting. I did archery for several years, then pistols and rifles shooting. I organize a target practice shoot once or twice a month with co-workers. I like hunting. I like to cast and reload. I studied gunsmithing and obtained my diploma and fixed up a few friend's firearms. When I retire, I'll get my FFL and start a small gunsmithing business.

I love to walk.keep me fit best excrcise in the world .

love to go to the mall with my daughter when i don't work... i like biking as well and taking photographs :) add me to my facebook account.... It's Cindy Devis Arreola.......... thank you!!!!!!!!! have a nice day to everyone!!!!!!!!!

my hobbies are the films and my dog and of course reading.. :)

My dark past has seen a few hobbies that sort of died a death but I intend to revive one of them.
I've just reapplied for my amateur radio licence in the UK so should be able to get one out here because of the reciprocal licencing agreement between the two countries.

--... ...--

HaileyinHongKong wrote:

Do people still listen to the radio?

I see you aren't a ham.
Amateur radio is a hobby based on radio but not just listening.
I've used CW (Morse code), voice, data and TV to talk to and listen/see other people all over the world.
We were transmitting data well before the internet.

The first amateurs were the pioneers of radio.

As for broadcast radio, yes, lots of people.
In many countries, including the UK, more people listen to radio for more hours than they do, TV.

That's why very few radio stations ever go bust, they're advertising gold mines that make a small fortune for their owners.

Ok, I am finally prepared to publicly confess my deepest darkest secret - I am addicted to Flight Simulator 2004 and have no shame in making this declaration.

When I'm not actually flying my favorite Boeing 737NG somewhere around this big blue marble we live on, then I am designing real world airline liveries to add to my collection of aircraft, modifying 2D and 3D aircraft panels to be as accurate looking as possible or making modification to stock airports in the program (which really suck in most cases) to look more like their real world counterparts.

The hobby therefore involves all of my computer skills as well as flying. I have to dabble a bit in programming, graphics, design and complex mathematical equations. What is that they say about being a 'Jack of all trades and master of none?' hehehehe

Anyway, it's also a great stress buster. If I am feeling up-tight or stressed I just climb behind the yoke of my favorite 727, 737, 747 or Airbus and take to the sky - leaving all my worries and problems far behind.

My young wife jokes about my addiction and says that when my time to finally shuffle of this mortal coil (as Shakespeare says) she is going to have a custom made casket that resembles a 737 for me. Way cool! But I can wait a while yet, thanks darling.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog

My hobby is traveling, actually due to globalization local hobbies are fading away.

[Moderated]

Hello everybody ,
                       My favorite hobby is chess.
     Is there by chance anybody who likes it too ?.
      I suggest everybody to try chess, for I am sure it can turn your life more exciting and it will help to wake up so many abilities hidden inside your mind you never could imagine.
      Besides it helps you to find a very intresting people full of enthusiasm to start new activities ,for it is a game that is now being played everywhere in the world.
      Also increases your memory ,it is highly recommende ,for instance to those person who suffer of Alzheimer desease and the results have shown to be fantastics for them in terms of health recovery.
        Well I hope everybody to enjoy playing it.
         Best regards

I played chess with a Russian one night in Bangkok.  He was a model of decorum and tranquility.  I knew him so well that we played an anthem on nobody's side.  Heaven help my heart, we got into an argument.  Such is the embassy lament.

Hey Hailey in Hongkong

This is the way the life goes.But you should be proud of yourself just thinking that  a certain privilege s given to your life .
              Besides this you can find many others reasons to enjoy living and that is the point ,chess lets you find so many nteresting people in all the world.

Best regards ,Hermeuto

i listen to the radio....well it is on when i do my decoupage :D
i got to make 12 decoupage cards by fridady for work :/

my hobbies as already stated in my profile are hiking and writing poetry, to mention a few.
i love to hike especially around the hilly regions of the city here...it's energetic, exciting and adventurous. writing poetry for me is ecstatic. it's an avenue where i release tension, so to speak. i mostly write when i'm saddened about an issue or overly excited about something. it's like telling a story in an uncanny way, sort of.

anyway, i hope u're doing good and life is good for u. take care.

I play football, watch football...
I live extreme sports parachuting etc...

Succeed in your expat family project with advice from other expats

OR