Soon to Kuala Lumpur -seeking work + school for my daughter

Hi everybody!

It´s quite possible that I am going to live in Kuala Lumpur as of march or april  Well, I introduce first my name is Anju Kaul, and I´m a kashmiri pandit  by birth and residing at delhi from 1990. i am looking for a job as a architectural  assistant or a autocad Designer . my husband already working in kuala lumpur . so i am also searching . And one more this i want also search a school for my 3 years old daughter . cheap and excellent english school.

I would be pleased if i got so.

Thanks for reading

Anju Kaul

Hello Anju Kaul and welcome to Expat.com!

kindly note that a new thread has been created as from your post on the Kuala Lumpur forum so as to help you get better interactions.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

I think it is unlikely you will find a job in your field in Malaysia. Depending on how long you plan to stay, whether you need to go to the expense of putting your daughter into a school right away, or wait for a couple or three years until she is school age. You will save yourself a lot of money by doing this. Where will you be living with your husband? That will give some idea of what schools or kindergartens are available.

Hi I strongly suggest you stay in India as no cheap schools in Malaysia. And unlikely you will get a job. Even if you do then child care? Better you sit it out on India and educate your child there unless your husband is on 20,000 rm plus a plans to stay in kl long term (min for a couple with a kid in an international school long term).

In reality these days couples with kids are best to avoid Malaysia unless they have a proper expat contract (20k plus with all medical, schooling and accom paid for).