omsb prometric exam guidlines

hello everyone..i m dr warda residing currently in muscat.. can someone guide me about syllabus for omsb prometric exam.. i want to appear in general practice speacility..thanks in advance :)

Hello dr warda and welcome on board

Hope that some members have the info to share with you ;)

Kenjee Team

Hi Warda,

The syllabus for OMSB prometric for GP includes all the clinical subjects of MBBS.
The distribution of questions is as

Chronic Diseases                                                               10
Acute and/or Common Medical Problems                          10
Common Pediatric Problems                                             10
Womens Health                                                                   11
Emergency Problems                                                           7
Common Surgical Problems                                                  5
Common Psychiatric Problems                                              6
Common Eye and ENT Problems                                          6
Common Derma Problems                                                    3
Basic Epidemiology and EBM Concepts                                 2
Total                                                                                       70

This info is from the result of a doctor who cleared the exam for GP last month. The distribution would be different for different specialities. Hope this info is useful

Hello friends, May I know some specific question of OMSB Prometric exam for General Practice?

Hi everyone,

Hows going on? I want to know about Viva exam in Oman. Is there any clear guideline regarding the exam? Syllabus? Questions?
Please reply, Its an emergency.....................................

Hello friends,i'm planning to write MOH EXAM FOR GENERAL DENTISTRY-OMAN. kindly inform regarding syllabus,mark weightage ,Exam charge pattern, no of questions,can i appear from India ,interview topics..plz reply to karthusmiling[at]

Hello dr .u need to get 42 marks out of 70 mcq the results are immediate. Then u need to apply for data flow for certificate  verification. Then  u need to get  sponser and get a letter from them and apply for ur viva.u can apply from india .exam fee iS around some 95$ i guess ..just read ur dental pulse throughly .no need general subject

I am Dr B Dilip Kumar experience of 30+ I passed Prometric Exam recently in last week of Mach 2015 with 47% got pass certificate, Past experience od 30+., worked as a State Medical Officer with United Nation Organization , USA army contracts,in Iraq, Resident in Paediatric and coordinator in saudi Arabia, knows arabi language, and also in Iran, Libya and Maladives as a GP and Trained Paediatrician. Am also government servant of India-Hyderabad worked as a Civil Assistant Surgeon-Senior Medical Officer.
Basically I am GP, passed the Pro metric exam of GP, and I have sponsor -----he  has opened a new hospital, is there any preference in private organization, please guide me in Passing marks, sponsor and Private organization to attend Viva voice in Oman.
Dr B Dilip Kumar
Hyderabad - India.

Hello everyone..
I am an anesthesiologist from Bangladesh. I want to take the omsb exam as an anesthesiologist consultant. Can anyone tell me what should i study?what is the question pattern?

Hi everyone..i am a dr..worked as internal medi resident for a period of two yrs..n for abt 3 mon as a gp in dubai.i want to appear in oman gp prometric and need to knw if i am eligible to sit in exam plus which buks n mcqs to read for it

Questions and answers about the health system

Ask your question
Good gynaecologist
By Erlynrony
After passing prometric
By pushpakdighe
Anxiety med
By Pippasirius
Sahar Jawad
Maternity Packges in Oman, Muscat
By Sahar Jawad
Medical Insurance