Oman Viva exam for GP drs..

Dear Doctors in the forum,

Im a GP dr from India recently passed my OMSB prometric exam for GP, i hv a job offer from oman n going to sit for the viva exam soon.. Can anyone pls guide me abt the viva exam and how to prepare for it? what questions are generally asked? whats the passing criteria?

Awaiting a response from all good Samaritans out there..

Thanks in advance..

Hai dr.mmu.
I passed prometric ortho exam.how to apply for viva and licence.viva had to given in oman only or it can be given in india too.kindly suggest. Thanks.

Hii dr.mmu,

The viva would be conducted by a panel of examiners from the govt hospitals. They may ask anything from any speciality at GP level, but mostly from emergency medicine and general medicine. Go through Oxford handbook of emergency medicine and clinical specialities. all the best.

Iam indian  expat did MBBS, How do I prepare fo GP exam Oman
what is the syllabus/ which book is good for prometic exam, anybody have mock test paper

Hello ill be sotting for viva for general practice what are they going to ask and what books are needed to study kindly tell

Hi.. for preparing it is best to grab on oxford handbook of clinical medicine and emergency medicine... Viva .... They ask clinical scenarios... They act as they are the patients... For me they asked .... Fever with rash in children.... What all we will ask de parents... what all we will check in the patients. How will u manage if that child starts convulsing...and how about treating dehydration in that child. Another  doctor asked me an unconscious pt comes to u in ur clinic. U are alone .. how will u manage.... The answer they expect us to give is ....check the vitals and glucose level..then they said Bp is 200/100 and nrml glucose.  Thiis is a  case of hypertensive emergency... i would start on oxygen and gain iv acess and immediately refer the pt to higher centre. Next there was a pharmacist. Asked diclofenac dose,and what drug u will give along with dt fr low back ache. U should definitely learn dose of all drugs.... Diazepam suppositry dose, diclofenac tablet and injection dose.amoxicillin and paracetamol dose. Some other questions were... Child with earache ,man with  earache . Man with redeye.  Epigastric pain. AF, ACS, DKA, hypoglycemia,VT,preclampsia. Headinjury. And know about poisoning that can cause hyperthermia and convulsions..  when a child comes with convulsion first time, how will u manage... Make sure u say i will check salicylate ,amphetamine,pmol level..

can anyone guide about viva for physiotherapist...

TIA

Hi everyone. By Gods grace ,i got through moh viva exam... Second attempt.. this tym i had two examiners. Case scenarios was a lady coming with DUB, we have to strt frm history onwards,investigations,management, we have to say the drugs and their mech of axn.
Nxt was a pt with chest pain. Fr dt also history , inv, mngmnt. we have to say all medicines and their dose also and mech of axn.
Nxt was about asthma. history, and management and how with what medicines will u discharge the pt.

I. G, shud we answer like this, some people told tat we shud not say the treatment part for any patient, dey prefer us to say as referral to higher u. Nstitiuions

How did u get job offer via recruiting firms or directly from the hospital

The recruiting agencies like ACE MANAGEMENT have contacted me and asked me to pay 50000 rupees for job in oman i also cleared my prometric

Hello,
        I'm Dr.Sunita,I'm a gynaecologist,I have to appear in OMSB (oman exam) for gynaecologists soon,can anyone help me with the study pattern specifically where to study from,any teaching material & MCQs books for this specific exam.
Regards

Kindly visit prometric mcq website log in it take subscription and do study

Thank you so much for your reply, I surely will.

hello i heard you cleared exam can you guide me please i wil appreciate it

Hi all, by God's grace I ve cleared the viva in my second attempt. Those who planning to give omsb prometric register ur exam date in tat site, one agent from kerala provided me the mcq books,u can contact him by ***,u should secure 60%to pass, u can give 2 attempts if ur score is below 65% and 3 attempts if above 70%.then u need some sponsor to appear for viva, there are many agents for tat, u can try in Google, for viva study oxford handbook of emergency medicine, those emergency part and management, should be thorough with all the dosages, pediatric emergencies, doses and for everything u shud mention the referral to tertiary care centre, which is must for pass, for me dey asked abt MI, ACS, ACUTE HEART FAILURE, DKA, HYPOGLYCAEMIA, MISSING COPPER T IN A LADY, if female candidate learn about obstetrics emergency, dub and its treatment, contraception methods, finally its all about luck on tat day, all the best for those who preparing for viva

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello, I want some guidance regarding viva exam for gynaecologists? Do they stick to topics & scenarios related to "gynae & obs only" or they ask any scenario covering general medicine,surgery,paeds.....
Is it an OSCE based exam or long cases or both?
Is viva exam date taken in the same way as written exam date (means the candidate herself/himself chooses an exam date)

Hi Sunita,
Contact me, I  have people to guide you on this. There is Vacancy for Gyno at present.
Mail to [email protected]

Hi,
     All I want to know is the pattern of viva exam & the syllabus for its preparation for the post of gynaecologist cz I already have a sponsor, so if u can guide me about the viva exam I'll be highly obliged.

Hi,can anyone guide me about viva exam for gynaecologists  (for Oman), what's the pattern of viva exam & what type of viva questions are usually asked by examiners & any reference books to go through for viva preparation, Thanks in advance.                                                                                                               Regards

Hi doctors!
Can any one help me regarding prometric mcq and viva preparation for family medicine speciality? Is it the same as you people mentioned for GP or different?

Hello ,
Could you tell me about your experience at the viva exam for gynecologists? I need to prepare , but I don't know what to expect.
TIA

Hi.. i passed omsb prometric exam in orthopedics..iam going to sit for viva... any one can help me...wt to read and the major topics

To whom it may concern,

I am hoping to immigrate to Oman and continue my medical practice there. I took “Oman Medical Specialty Board, Family Medicine” last month at one of the Prometric test centers in Turkey. I achieved a mark of 57, which is above the minimum requirement of 55. I am, however, wondering whether I should take the exam one more time to hopefully achieve a higher mark. My question would be: is the result of Prometric exam treated as pass/fail or is the mark used to weight the application, therefore a higher mark resulting in a higher chance of acceptance? Many thanks.

Yours sincerely,
Dr Yousef Najian Tabriz
General Practitioner

Dear Dr Yousef,

I am afraid you might've to reappear for the exam. Although the marksheet mentions that you have passed, the actual pass mark for foreigners is 60%. The OMSB website mentions this too. The same thing happened to me and I had to retake the exam. All the best.

Best regards,
Dr Asha

Hi VMP,

Hello doctor, firstly congrats on clearing the exam, I am also a mbbs doctor from india looking forward to work in Oman as a gp. Which material/Books have you reffered for clearing the prometric and how did your viva go? I barely have any idea about the study material, a quick answer would be very helpful.
Thank you in advance.

Hello , I want to ask you what about the prometric exam of Oman from which books did you prepare and how about the viva is it very difficult and how are the examiners ? .. want some help if some willing to help will be very thankful.. someone who already passed and working there will be very helpful and I want to add him or her in Facebook or whatsapp .. to guide us , thx a lot in advance