Anyone successfully withdrew theri EPF when leaving country?

Hi,

I'd like to hear your story of successfully withdrawing your EPF when you left Malaysia. I'm in a situation where the EPF had given my husband different excuses when we submitted every documentations accordingly. Yet given multiple differerent excuses disallowing him to withdraw. My husband in due to work in a different country by mid of next month.

My husband holds a LTSVP for 5 years now. It ended on Oct 2014.  Since we went on a holiday and came back, he had since been given a tourist visa. We thought a renewal for the LTSVP isnt needed as we will move out of country by mid Jan.

Their excuses in a span of day 1 visit to day 7 is as such. That he is under a LTSVP that was due on Oct 2014 and not under a working permit instead (he's been on this visa for 5 years.
Subsequently, he was told no as he is married to a Malaysian spouse therefore he will likely come back to the country?!  Unless he prooves he won't come back by getting his wife to renounce her Malaysian citizenship !!! 3rd, that he is withdrawing more than 200k, they need him to speak to the higher person in the hirachy as they have no rights to approve anything above that sum. The that higher person went from busy in a meeting to being on MC.

Nothing sounds right! It all sounded like an excuse. Where did we go wrong? Why are they holding the rightfully owned money of my husband now that he is to leave his company in Malaysia and to work in a new country by next month? It states very clearly on the site of EPF on the rules of withdrawal.

Who can please help with some advice or provide some leads towards this daunting case?

Thank You.
Liv

The most likely scenario is because he is under a LTSVP and the money should be left until retirement age as he is married to a Malaysia. I think you should count on a NO = NO in your circumstances. Other nationals who are on an employment pass are treated differently.  Short of getting divorced, I don't see a way to access the money.