New female to Al hasa area in need of friends and activity

I recently moved to Al Hasa, I do not work, nor do I live on a compound. I would like to know what an American woman can do here to meet other women and or get some exercise. I've only been here a few weeks and I need to get out of the house more. I can walk in my area a little bit, but that has its limits too. Suggestions are very welcome. And would really appreciate some suggestions from females especially, since you ladies will understand the rules and limitations/freedoms more than then men will. Thanks!

you can try looking for a ladies gym for workouts and getting to know other women.

yeah I really appreciate to give you suggestions. Well, you can find your life interesting by visiting shopping malls and having delicious meals in the food court and walking around and can  spend your time there otherwise if you are in western compound you might have entertainment opportunities over there as well.

By the way I am a man but understand your problem deeply.

Regards,
Jhon

you can add me in whatsapp for more suggestions:  [moderated]

Ya I can understand your problem there, it is very conservative city, it's better to live in a compound where you can find privacy and freedom for women there.

Good luck

Hi,

I'm American. Where are you from?

Hi, I'm also American. When did you arrive in Al Hasa? Ive been here almost one year now.

It seems you are married to a Saudi man, well, if this is the case , you have to adapt to the culture by continuous visiting to his mom and sisters and relatives, move around with them. If you are single, then get introduced to an English speaking girls, they absolutely will fill your daily activities
Take care

it depends on what kinds of things you are looking to do, are you just just looking for just a little bit entertainment here and there or are you trying to find a daily routine for yourself? There is plenty to do. I know because I have been trying to explore stuff to do for myself here as well. I moved here a year a go from Houston TX.

I dont live in jubail. But thanks.

hello there,

Though my reply is a bit late, but Saudi has many interesting things to do and pass time with. I don't know alot about Al-Hassa but in Dammam and Khobar sitting on the sea front is an amazing experience you never get tired of.

with regards
Ahmed

You can try to look ladies GYM, and if you like to have more fun, try to visit Jeddah city, it's quite open and have lot's of places to enjoy and roam around, as you wish for.

hi
you don't need much time to know that the lady in ksa have a few choices limited to walking in malls, visiting other girls and going to beauty saloon and attending marriage ceremony > Im a man and honestly with a strong feeling of boring life> so what i do at the weekend is searching in the internet and watching TV, no more, I would like to give you my sympathy and condolences to the boring live you have as a woman> people here they only save money to spend it somewhere out side saudi arabia> yes this is the truth> they are mean for the riyal , but outside the country they pay generously

I know my words could annoy you but i feel relaxed when i blow it out to you
take care, and give me a chance to help you and myself when you need a help
Regards

@newtoalhasa i am looking to make friends with native English speakers. I actually live in  mubarraz

@azzam sami ***

Moderated by Cheryl 8 months ago
Reason : Contact details
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello azzam sami,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f601.svg

This thread has been inactive since 2015.

You should post an advert in the Saudi Arabia classifieds section as there is a dedicated category for friendship.

Do not forget to write as many details as you can to increase your chances of finding some new friends.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team