Attending School in Belgium on Exchange

I'm hoping someone can help with my question. Our son would like to attend school in Belgium for 3-6 months in a home-stay situation.  We have friends in Brussels working on home-stay options for us, but we don't know which schools might be appropriate and/or willing to have a student from Canada attend for (minimum) 3 to (maximum) 6 months.  The primary purpose is to expand his French language skills and offer immersion into the culture of Belgium.  His year of birth is 1999 (October) and he attends school in a French Immersion program (enrolled since Kindergarten). 

Any information and/or suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Have you considered getting him in an international exchange program?  Or perhaps a school in Quebec?

Thanks for your reply! While both of these options (Quebec and exchange programs) are good, our son is very keen to travel to Belgium, and has already spent time in Quebec. He would like to work on his French and experience Belgian culture.  We are also looking at international student exchange programs, but  it is difficult to find something that is run as a non-profit, which would be our preference. As well, since we have friends in Belgium, we may have the opportunity to set up a home-stay privately.  And, finally, we have found that our preferred start/end times tend to not line up with those of the exchange programs...in other words, we need some flexibility.

1999 birth puts your son in 4th secondary. Would you consider down a year, especially given the fact he's later born in the year?
College Jean 23 in Woluwe-St-Pierre have just started an ambitious English immersion programme. I think this school might be a possibility to be a bit more welcoming, as they could benefit from a native English speaker in the French/English stream who also speaks French. No other school in Brussels region has started an English immersion programme of this size, it started this September. This programme was started with children in 3rd secondary, most will be born in 2000, but a few also in 1999.

No Belgian secondary would accept an exchange student April-June, it's exam period the whole of June, best bet is January to May if you want to do it soon.

http://www.jean23.be/drupal/?q=immersion

Send me a pm if you like, Jean 23 is really near my house. It's quite a good academic school, know of several non native children accepted into secondary there.

Yes, thank you. I have sent you a personal message. :)