Advice emigrating to India from Netherlands

Hi everyone
I live in the Netherlands and my boyfriend in Delhi. I want to move to Delhi. Can anyone please give me advice which is the best and quickest way to do this? Which visa do I need, must we get married first to make it easier, can I live in India without getting married? All help and tips are welcome!

Hi,
Legally getting married in India as a foreigner is a lengthy and time consuming process. You should be prepared to spend around 60 days in India. Here are the basic legal requirements for getting married in India.

In India, civil weddings are governed by the provisions of The Special Marriage Act (1954). There's a 30 day residency requirement, which means that either the bride or the groom has to be living in India for at least 30 days prior to applying to the local registry office to get married. For foreigners, this is evidenced by a certificate from the local police station.

You'll need to submit your intention to get married to the registry office, along with evidence of residency, certified copies of passports and birth certificates, and two passport sized photographs each. It's only necessary for one of the parties, not both, to be present to submit the intention to marry.
Legally in India couples should get married to live together, but in some cases it is not followed... :(

Thank you for your answer! Once I am married is it easier for me to become a resident?

Yes probably