Getting an Indian citizenship for an Australian citizen

Pretty much summed up above.
Just want to know the procedures for getting an Indian citizenship. Some things you should know are that I am an Australian born citizen and my Parents are born in India.
Also if I was to get married to an Indian citizen (I'm a guy, so a woman) would that make me an indian citizen.

Hi,
India ka population bahut jyada hai bhai kyon badhana chahate ho?
hahahhaa

niranjanaccord wrote:

Hi,
India ka population bahut jyada hai bhai kyon badhana chahate ho?
hahahhaa

Because I've always wanted to live in India and getting a citizenship would be ideal for that. Also I want to buy land (for a house and later on a business) which can only be possible with a citizenship.

Ok. Then u may do it. Its not a very big deal.

niranjanaccord wrote:

Ok. Then u may do it. Its not a very big deal.

I was told that it was very difficult to obtain an Indian citizenship, is this true?

If and ONLY if,  your patents were initially INDIAN/ or when you are from Indian decent, you can apply and get it OCI card (mha.nic.in/foreigDiv/OCI.html) . Once you get OCI and stamped permanent Indian visa in your passport, then you can do pretty much a lot of things, EXCEPT you can NOT take part in (1) Indian election, (2) can not work in Indian Defense related jobs & (3) can not buy agricultural land. Leaving all that OCI can all the rest and do everything legal otherwise in India.

Registered OCI may be granted Indian citizenship after 5 years from date of registration provided he/she stays for one year in India before making application (mha.nic.in/pdfs/oci-chart.pdf)

Durtantoo provided good information and I know that the OCI is probably ideal and best. However, I believe that it is very difficult to get (although, in your case, I could be wrong). Regardless, you may want to consider the PIO (Person of Indian Origin) Card. I believe that it is very easy and quick to get that.