What is the best way to find an appartment in Barcelona?

We are moving to Barcelona soon, but we have no idea of how to find accomodations there. Are there any useful websites to help us?

Hi Aysily,
Yes there is :) ... right here! Check out the Accomodation section in Barcelona's Classifieds! You may also insert an ad, for free.
Good luck
Arlette

It depends on whether you want to live alone or with people.

I have just arrived 3 weeks ago and I have been looking on these 3 websites mostly:

Living alone or just apartment searching:

idealista.es
fotocase.es

Roomsharing or living with someone:

loquo.com/en_us

You can change the language of all 3 sites to English if like me your not great at reading spanish.

I found my apartment on Idealista.es, its very good.

Good Luck,
A

sorry, i got one of the links wrong there,

its fotocasa.es (not fotocase.es)

Good Luck,
A

Someone already mentioned Idealista - idealista.com, which is a great site, and has both private adverts and from agencies.

If you want to use an estate agency, then I can strongly recommend Alana Consulting - alanaconsulting.com. Salvador there is probably the nicest and most helpful estate agent I've ever met.

hola... en septiembre llego a Barcelona por una beca de estudio... y necesito alojamiento... ayua!!!!!!

gracias

fernando

Hola Fernando,

si no hablas ingles, te aconsejo publicar tu mensage en el foro Español https://www.expat.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=2295

Thanks to everyone for your reaction! I really appreciate your help!)))

in the end i did it the old fashioned way - with my feet.  it was worth it and got a flat from a "particular" (individual) rather than an estate agent which saved costs on the "gestor" (who does all the paperword) and agency fees.  Good luck to you though as not everyone has the time to do that!