Decent letting agents - Barcelona

Hola todos - I'm moving over in August, and need to rent an apartment - can pay up to about 1750 Euros per month - I need somewhere pretty good, quiet and safe with decent furnishings. Does anyone have experience of a good letting agent they would recommend?
I have tried to get in touch with a firm called SH Barcelona but they are difficult to contact, to say the least! Are they specifically for students? Surely there are loads of other good firms in BCN, but I'd appreciate a point in the right direction!
Ta!

Hello Chimes,

Did you know there is a Classifieds Section on Expat.com?
Here's the link to the Accomodation section in the Classifieds

Thanks very much for that, but rather than sharing I am looking for personal recommendations of professional letting agents that are trustworthy and reliable to deal with. Having done a quick search it seems that SH are a nightmare to deal with... I will look elsewhere!

Hi,
We're in the same position as yourself just now. So far, SH haven't been much cop for us either which is a bummer as they seem to have the best properties.
The best ones in terms of keeping us up to date have been modus vivendi, monica rusch and lucas fox. casa mona have some beautiful apartments for what seems to be less money than other companies and they assign you someone to help you out start to finish.

Hope you get something. I can keep you posted as to how we get on with various companies?

Cat

Hi,
I'm going over next week and have been busy on the internet setting up viewings.  The websites I have used are www.tucasa.comwww.mundoanuncio.comwww.pisos.com.  Will let you know how I get on.  Bye the way, be careful on the internet there is a scam whereby the so-called owner says that they have had to move away and have the only keys and with the payment of the first month's rent they will send the keys.  These apartments do not exist.
Ciao for now.

Just to let you know, have found a wonderful place via Lucas Fox. I commence my tenancy as of the end of Julio! Hooray!

thanks for that, good luck with everything.

Hi,
We have just signed the lease and have been given the keys to our new appartment. We decided to go with Modus Vivendi and i reckon it was the best decision we made as they couldn't have done more to help us. Our agent was absolutely lovely before, during and after the process.
Word of advice, bring along references from previous landlords or employers, three months pay slips and/or your work contract with proof of income. It was the only thing that held us up.
Hope you get on well.

I'd recommend Alana Consulting to anyone, we rented an apartment through them last month and they were fantastic.

Both Lucas Fox and Ficasso were also very helpful and professional.

I'd avoid Casamona.