1 month stay barcelona

Hi,

I am looking to stay in Barcelona for one month from mid december to mid january while I have holidays. My girlfriend is Catalan and I want to go for a month to scout it out (jobs, accomodation, lifestyle etc). I currently live in London and know that people here often rent flats out while there on a holiday so as to avoid paying rent. Is anyone aware of any website or forums for people who do this? Any information and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

James

I'll look around, but I would assume the universities might be the best bet, most people don't get a whole month off.....or expats traveling home....

yeah I was thinking the universities might be a good place to start. If you hear off anythign that would be awesome.

Many Thanks

Hi there, sorry for the long delay, but I got a recommendation (from a blog) about this company... http://www.barcelona-home.com/  Now I have to say, I have NEVER used them, so at your own risk, but the website looks good.  If you find a company, it would be great if you got back to us with feedback!

hey, I can tell you that it is pretty hard to find something good here in barcelona. I was coming here to do an internship. i am so happy that my previous speaker mentioned the intermediation company " barcelona-home". He doesnŽt have experiences with the company but I have. I was so hacked off of seareching for a room, that I wrote to them, and the best is , they donŽt take a fee! I got a very nice room,maybe you have to pay a little more, but you know you get a good acommodation!
So i can recommend them!
Have a nice sty in Barcelona!:)