TUNISIA HEEELP! :)

Hey whats going on :)
I'm looking to move to Tunisia in the next 2 years to Port El Kantanoui. (excuse the spelling if its wrong!)
I have many many MANY questions about my move, but ill limit them down to these. I have been to Tunisia once and it really really inspired me. It became like my home in 10 days. I fell in love :)

1. Cost of living?
- living in England, prices are rocketing, Whats it like in Tunisia?

2.Would it be helpfull to learn either french or arabic?
-i'm fluent in english & spanish but would this help?

3.How would you compare life in tunisia to life anywhere else? [e.g england]
- less stressfull?
- happier? etc.

4. Would i have to get a visa?
- i am only planning on living maybe 24 months out there

5. What would be the costs involved?
- my food and accomodation is being sorted as i am working on a resort.

6. When i went on holiday the people seemed lovely, will the Tunisians take warmly too a spanish/english girl?

THANKYOU SOOOO MUCH :)

Hya,

Im planning on moving there aswell in the next couple years!:D

Im from England and have only been there are couple times, but i have been researching loads about making 'the move' over there. apparently the cost of accomodation is sooo much cheaper, and their taxes are really low also.

The fact you speak two languages is great, but I think if you were to go there it would be useful to speak french. Im going to learn french either before I go, and then i will work. Or i will go and study there, and then look for a job.

You will need a visa if you are staying longer than 3 months i think, but this website has a section on that. I'm just not sure what I would work as??? thats where i need help.

I think anyone who moved to tunisia would be a million times happier than living in england! the people are lovely, the heat is amazing, i love it there!!

G'day Johannah,
I'm an expat currently working in Tunisia and I happen to  live in El Kantaoui ; am happy to help bringing my views to your questions. However, would like to avoid making this too public so if you wish to get my 2 cents, please drop me a line in my inbox and I'll get back to you perso with honest stuff ;)
Look forward to your message.
Cheers,
Quid :)

hi there hope ur fine i am tunisian it depends on ur salary here people think that prices are like rockets  buuuut am talking as a tunisian with a tunisian salary .i ve heard some tourists from france saying that spending a holiday in cheaper in tunisia  and that they find prices of some goods cheap  i think arabic would do better if u are talking about everyday contact in general people are warm hearted  elkantaoui is a famous tourist place it is in souce a tourist destination and people are used to see tourists there  . i repeat it all depends on ur salary .by  the way where aru living right now are u  the uae if yes am god willing moving to work in al ain city could u tell me about it i will work as a teacher

I'm Tunis bound on September 13th 2010 !!!!. Anyone who would like to give a 29 year old English, Spanish and level 1 French speaking American Citizen a good conversation about Tunis while I'm in Tunis lets exchange emails. I'm into history, art, culture, food, people, nature, just being.

Grand Benevolent and all-
I'm moving to Tunis tonight (I leave Maui in about 6 hours...) so when you get into town give a shout & maybe we can discover some new places in our new city

lilikoi

By the time I get there you'll be nice and comfortable and ready to show me the good eats ! Have a safe flight and I'll inbox my email to you. Bless.