Visitors?

Hello there bloggers!
Someone asked me if they could visit? Funny I hadnt given that much thought before that...i mean other then immediate family! Can a woman travel alone to Riyadh with kids to visit family living there unaccompanied by her husband (or mehram as they as it?)She is a muslim and her son is only 10 yrs of age and husband cant come....how does this work out?

Thanks in advance!

Pretty sure she needs a letter from her husband authorizing her to travel.  That used to be the case...there are some subtle changes here in the KSA and not everyone knows what's going on in regards to rules like these.

How she travels is going to be a big issue; train, bus, taxi?  If her brother or another male member of her family can drive her or travel with her, then no problem.

On the other end is the accommodation issue.  Will she be staying with you?  In a Western compound this isn't an issue.  But in some compounds with Mutawa present, they might raise a stink, the ignorant fools.

Hi MisterStretch...
She is travelling from Pakistan (by air ofcourse)....her hubby will accompany her and the kids but then she and the kids want to stay on for another 2 weeks with us after they hubby leaves...

What I am shocked :o about is MUTAWA being present in any compounds???? I thought the compounds (all) were free zones. Can you name a few compounds where mutawas are present...or check...

I live in a company compound--but the 'company' is governmental.  The compound is probabably 85 percent Filipino, 10 percent Saudi, and 5 percent 'other'  (I am 'other' lol).

There is a strong Sharia influence here; ie. all male/all female buildings (and never the 'twain' shall meet lol); no shorts or tank tops; curfew (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) for women, etc.

Not on my compound and they are not in most of the compounds - no worries there!  But as you are looking, its not a bad question to ask!

The only M we have on the forum, so far, is General Salman

musicman wrote:

The only M we have on the forum, so far, is General Salman

:lol::lol::lol:

My goatee is too short to be categorized within the "M" factor. Neither is Daves. So we are not even lowercase "m"s for that matter

CAF wrote:

But as you are looking, its not a bad question to ask!

MM....surely food for thought!
:D Thanks everybody!

food?
must be whiskers for thought....

:lol::lol:  How true!

So the Eagle has landed, alright
But she aint bald as I can see?