Questions for everyone who moved to VN....

Why did many of you end up moving to VN? 

What do you think was your biggest challenge/annoyance was before you left?  After you lived in VN for a while?

Did you read anything (books, websites, etc) to prepare for your trip?

I'm just curious  :)

Will_I_Am wrote:

Why did many of you end up moving to VN? 

What do you think was your biggest challenge/annoyance was before you left?  After you lived in VN for a while?

Did you read anything (books, websites, etc) to prepare for your trip?

I'm just curious  :)

Here we go again, and again , and again.   You have already posted under ' Reasons for moving to VN ',. but obviously didn't read many posts????
Most people (moderated: no insults here pls) would have come here first, and had a look around .

Ok - chill out dude.  I'm new here and just trying to add to the conversation.

It's not the first time members 'making' thread for 'thread'  :)

Back in the states(USA), My barber was from Vietnam. She would talk about the things she missed, I went on a visit for 3 weeks and decided to stay. Lived in Saigon for a year then moved to Da Nang. There are many reasons for loving it here but the most important is the way the Vietnamese treat me. They have made me feel very welcome.

charmavietnam wrote:

Yes Charma, and it won't be the last time either, but while there is a thread on the same subject already running,  it gets twice as annoying, of course ' noobies ' won't know that members are subscribed to these threads,  and get notifications.

Yeah, surely they are ignorant about the bulk notifications into our inbox  :)
So they try to get more attention!

charmavietnam wrote:

I'm only 2 posts away from 300 posts!
And if I start more threads I get a gold star.

The biggest challenge before leaving was just deciding what to pack. Having never lived here, I wasn't sure what to stock up on and what to leave behind.

Biggest challenge living here? That'd be the weather (coming from California with a desert climate, I'm dying from humidity!) and finding quality products that don't have 100% tax.

I read this forum and a handful of others. This one seemed to be the most active for Vn so I joined after I moved here. I wouldn't recommend reading a book to understand modern Vietnam but that'd be a fine airplane read if you were interested in the history of the country.

jimbream wrote:
charmavietnam wrote:

I'm only 2 posts away from 300 posts!
And if I start more threads I get a gold star.

Congratulations, keep up the good work.

Hi. You can try a trip to Ha Long city and  Ha Long bay. It is beautiful place and worth to visit. Before go there, you should find out some restaurant in Ha Long city.