Quote for the day

I love quotations and I figured I'd just post a few of my favorites for y'all to start your day....have a peaceful Sunday out there people!

“As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.” - John F Kennedy

“I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.” - Jimmy Dean

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” - Maria Robinson

Hi Mary,

That's nice and a good idea. Others can  share some motivational quotes too.
Cheers!!!!
Terence

Choose your battles

Whether you think you can or think you cannot, you are right.
- Henry Ford

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
- Albert Einstein

Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school.

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

It's not about having what you want but about wanting what you've got!!!!

Thanks Terence!....Enjoy these people:)

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment." - Barry LePatner

"That best portion of a good man's life,
His little, nameless, unremembered acts of kindness and of love." - William Wordsworth

"We are always more anxious to be distinguished for a talent which we do not possess, than to be praised for the fifteen which we do possess." - Mark Twain

Hi Mary,

Thanks for the idea,

Here are some of my favourites,

There is always some specific moment when we become aware that our youth is gone; but, years after, we know it was much later.
Mignon McLaughlin

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.
Douglas Adams

Thanks Natalya....Great quotes, especially the Adams one.

Good morning Mauritius! Here's some more to mull on for the new day out there! Have a good one!!!

"Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence." - George Washington

"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." - Confucius

"Courage is the most important of all the virtues, because without courage you can't practice any other virtue consistently. You can practice any virtue erratically, but nothing consistently without courage." - Maya Angelou

"The standard of success in life isn't the things. It isn't the money or the stuff. It is absolutely the amount of joy that you feel".
--- Abraham

"We must raise ourselves to the levels of energy where WE ARE the happiness we desire, WE ARE the love we feel is missing, where WE ARE the unlimited abundance we crave. By being it, we attract IT to us. By condemning its absense, we ensure that condemnation & discord will continue to flow into our lives" Dr Wayne W. Dyer

"God could not be everywhere, and therefore he made mothers." -
Rudyard Kipling

"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France

"The less you open your heart to others, the more your heart suffers." - Deepak Chopra

"By letting it go it all gets done. The world is won by those who let it go. But when you try and try. The world is beyond the winning."
Lao Tzu

Terence that's an awesome one.

May you always have work for your hands to do.
May your pockets hold always a coin or two.
May the sun shine bright on your windowpane.
May the rainbow be certain to follow each rain.
May the hand of a friend always be near you.
And may God fill your heart with gladness to cheer you.
~Irish Blessing

"A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on."  ~Carl Sandburg

"Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else."  ~Judy Garland

"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal."  ~Henry Ford

"A lot of what passes for depression these days is nothing more than a body saying that it needs work."  ~Geoffrey Norman

"Excuses are the nails used to build a house of failure."  ~Don Wilder and Bill Rechin

"Man needs his difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy success" Abdul Kalam

It's Independence day in my country and I thought I'd just share a few sentiments and quotes concerning it. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did. Have a nice day Mauritius!!!

"You have to love a nation that celebrates its independence every July 4, not with a parade of guns, tanks, and soldiers who file by the White House in a show of strength and muscle, but with family picnics where kids throw Frisbees, the potato salad gets iffy, and the flies die from happiness.  You may think you have overeaten, but it is patriotism."  ~Erma Bombeck

"There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured by what is right with America."  ~William J. Clinton

"Home is not where you live but where they understand you."  ~Christian Morgenstern

Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

You can't teach an old dog new tricks.

Beautiful young people are accidents of nature, but beautiful old people are works of art.

Stay committed to your decisions, but stay flexible in your approach.

Hi mary

Thank for your post send us daily quote of the day to make us relax our stressfull mine.

Regards Rishi

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."
- Albert Einstein

He was a good man. He never smoked, drank & had no affair. When he died, the insurance company refused the claim....They said, "He who never lived, cannot die!"

"Why is everyone here so happy except me?" "Because they have learned to see goodness and beauty everywhere," said the Master. "Why don't I see goodness and beauty everywhere?" "Because you cannot see OUTSIDE of you what you fail to see INSIDE." - Anthony De Mello

hi,
would like to share something i took by heart, some years ago:

"circumstances are destiny, in a mere disguise" Gandhi

all yours,
islander.

"I try to teach my children that being successful isn't necessarily about performing a specific task, being in a certain occupation, or living in a particular location. It's about sharing yourself in a creative, loving way using the skills and interests that are inherently part of you." - Dr. Wayne Dyer

Hello everybody.  I have one I saw today that reminded me of someone I know very well ...

If you cant handle me at my worst you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Not sure I buy into this idea, but it made me smile all the same.

AS YOU GET OLDER THREE THINGS HAPPEN...................THE FIRST IS YOU LOSE YOUR MEMORY , AND I CANT REMEMBER THE OTHER TWO...........

ok guys, my turn:

"winners never quit. Quitters never win". Vince Lombardi

islander,
all yours.

"Our fatigue is often caused not by work, but by worry, frustration and resentment".
Dale Carnegie

Worry, frustration & resentment - none of them - "solution" oriented , but still so much time and energy invested in them . Is it really hard to invest less or equal amount of time & energy in faith, being patient or in acceptance?

ok guyz,
how about a break? a short laugh can do good!

"He's nice to people 'n animals... but you oughta hear him talkin' to a golf ball!" Denis the menace

sometimes things gets too serious in life,
Islander.

Hiya sharing some quotes that changed my life

"It's better to be always optimist and suffer half the amount of evil than always be of dark and gloomy anticipations and never suffer anything at all." -Xerxes The Great

"Constant practice alone is the secret of success. Practice and all is coming"

"You become what you think you are" -Gautama Buddha

say izzy, about this one..

The only way to keep your health is to eat what you don't want, drink what you don't like, and do what you'd rather not. - Mark Twain

:D:D better not to take Twain too seriously?,

c ya,
islander77.

You are what you eat

lol,
how bout taglines, does anyone loves them?

AIG- We know money :D:D

This sounds more real though : Audi-Never follow

cheers,
islander.

"My father instilled in me that if you don't see things happening the way you want them to, you get out there and make them happen." - Susan Powter

Religious Harmony week -
8th Sep Mother Mary's birthday,
9th Sep Jewish New Year,
10th Sep Eid-Ul-Fitr,
11th Sep Ganesh Chaturthi.....time to put our differences behind and celebrate.

“Live life fully while you're here. Experience everything. Take care of yourself and your friends. Have fun, be crazy, be weird. Go out and screw up! You're going to anyway, so you might as well enjoy the process. Take the opportunity to learn from your mistakes: find the cause of your problem and eliminate it. Don't try to be perfect; just be an excellent example of being human.” - Anthony Robbins

"Occupy the mind with positive thoughts. Set realistic goals. Isolate negative influences. Conquer fears. Eliminate stress. Visualize success. Expect the best !!!!!!!

“People usually consider walking on water or in thin air a miracle. But I think the real miracle is not to walk either on water or in thin air, but to walk on earth. Every day we are engaged in a miracle which we don't even recognize: a blue sky, white clouds, green leaves, the black, curious eyes of a child -- our own two eyes. All i...s a miracle.”
Thich Nhat Hanh

Hey folks, I'm back and thanks for keeping this going. Izzy thanks hon. You too Terence. Read all the lovely quotes. Really nice ya'll. Here's one for ya'll to mull over the rest of the day....;)

"The measure of a man's real character is what he would do if he knew he never would be found out."  ~Thomas Babington Macaulay

I have read in Plato and Cicero sayings that are very wise and very beautiful; but I never read in either of them:  "Come unto me all ye that labour and are heavy laden."  ~St Augustine

Have you ever heard of Paul Arden's great book "it's not how good you are, it's how good you want to be" ?

As a young entrepreneur I really like this book.

Some of my favourite quotes: "the person who doesn't make mistakes is unlikely to make anything"

"When it can't be done, do it. If you don't do it, it doesn't exist"

"It's not what you know. It's who you know"

nice quotes Julien and I've just noted down the name of the book to order later :) Very apt for a housewife too ;)Have a lovely day on that idyllic island.

Good morning ya'll! Hope everyone has a fantastic day. Here are some gems I picked up.....Enjoy and hugs.

"You think dogs will not be in heaven?  I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."  ~Robert Louis Stevenson

"Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit.  Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset."  ~St Francis de Sales

"It is always the secure who are humble."  ~Gilbert Keith Chesterton

"God sells us all things at the price of labor."  ~Leonardo da Vinci

"It is not nearly so important how well a message is received as how well it is sent. You cannot take responsibility for how well another accepts your truth; you can only ensure how well it is communicated. And by how well, I don't mean merely how clearly; I mean how lovingly, how compassionately, how sensitively, how courageously, and how completely" Neale Donald Walsch