Moving to Al Rehab

I saw a mention in this forum of ladies who hang out in Al Rehab on Wednesdays but I can't find it again. My husband (who is Egyptian) and I are moving there at the end of the summer and I would love to start communicating with that group.

On another note: I'm job hunting. Doing so from the US is not easy. From what I can tell, online job postings in and around Cairo are slim. The classifieds section on this site doesn't seem very active either.

FYI:
My current career is non-profit management with most of my experience centered around youth programs. But I have a background in interior design for community & non-profit groups with a specialization in museum design. I have also worked in corporate and residential design (before getting so specialized). SOOooooo.... I would be interested in working with any non-profit organization, youth development programs, or any design/architecture firm. Anyone have suggestions???

Hi NOLAegy

I think this is the link u were looking for
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 937#129767

Good luck with the move

Yes, that was it, thanks!

I live in Rehab. The women's coffee hour is at Tota Restaurant in the Souk. Wednesday mornings from 10 till 1ish.

Also, there is a FB group for Expat in Rehab:

facebook.com/index.php?lh=208cb9ccc33ec54cf34b02055eb327a0&#!/pages/Rehaby-Expat-Oasis/142516892433853?ref=ts

best of luck,

natalienmartin@gmail.com

hi culd someone kindly tell me how much is a 3 bed apartment to buy in al rahab city?i have read a consdierable amount amount this area and seemms like a cool place .mny thanks Tariq

taz1 wrote:

hi culd someone kindly tell me how much is a 3 bed apartment to buy in al rahab city?i have read a consdierable amount amount this area and seemms like a cool place .mny thanks Tariq

Around a million EGP for a 150 square meters apartment.

hi,thankyou very much for your prompt reply.

how would you describe the crime rate in this area if any?

akso brother could you kindly give me a rough idea for cost of living excludin rent and school fees,
cost of living for an average life family of 4,on a monthly basis,i dont drink or go out clubbing.

for example whats the average electricty bills?cost of a can of coke?an average meal at an average restaurant?

many thanks

tariq

taz1 wrote:

hi,thankyou very much for your prompt reply.

how would you describe the crime rate in this area if any?

non-existent ! don't worry it is very safe

taz1 wrote:

akso brother could you kindly give me a rough idea for cost of living excludin rent and school fees,
cost of living for an average life family of 4,on a monthly basis,i dont drink or go out clubbing.

for example whats the average electricty bills?cost of a can of coke?an average meal at an average restaurant?

many thanks

tariq

Average electricity bill in the summer for an apartment with two air conditioners is around 100 EGP ..... Can of coke is 2.5 EGP. Average meal can start at 25 EGP (fast food like KFC or McDonald's) and can go up all the way to 150 or 200 at a mid-scale restaurant.

For a family of 4 I believe (excluding rent, school, car and gas) $1K is more than enough.

salams,jazkallah khair for your quick and detailed response.

its extremely helpful,i have been to cairo several times but not really expored this side of it.

i am comming inshallah round about 15th september ,i would be grateful if you could kindly give me your number so i can meet up with you?

many thanks

tariq

can anyone kindly tell me what are the fees at the "future language school in al rehab)their websight doesnt seem to mention it.

many thanks

tariq

the fees of the futures language school starts from 5500-6500 ( without bus and uniform) depending on the stage and you may get discount on the second and third child. and if any of the parents working there. any inquiries about this school don't hesitate to ask me as i have got good idea about it.

hi,thankyou for your response.

you qouted 5 to 6 thousand please kindly confirm is this monthly or annually?also what yo mention is it in sterling ,egy or u.s.d?

Does this school do the igcse system(u.k.) or the u.s.a system?

How would you compare it to the british school?

many thanks and your rsponse is really greatly appreciated.

Tariq

The Egyptian wrote:
taz1 wrote:

many thanks

tariq

Average electricity bill in the summer for an apartment with two air conditioners is around 100 EGP ..... Can of coke is 2.5 EGP. Average meal can start at 25 EGP (fast food like KFC or McDonald's) and can go up all the way to 150 or 200 at a mid-scale restaurant.

For a family of 4 I believe (excluding rent, school, car and gas) $1K is more than enough.

Honestly Ahmad i will move soon to Rehab and i will be proud to be REHABIAN too :)
One of the main reasons for me to move is you as i met you in person & am happy to know you :)

don moe wrote:
The Egyptian wrote:
taz1 wrote:

many thanks

tariq

Honestly Ahmad i will move soon to Rehab and i will be proud to be REHABIAN too :)
One of the main reasons for me to move is you as i met you in person & am happy to know you Plus other person who i cant mention her name but actually she gave me the best advices about Rehab and she is one of the first Rehabian's :)

My pleasure, neighbor :D ... but I am moving out by 2012 :(

Do you want study spanish in Cairo? The new El Rehab spanish centre will offer you courses from beginners to advance, and for both adults and children.
If you are interested in learning that amazing language don't hesitate to contact me, I am native spanish teacher.
Laura
joaneli4@hotmail.com

Hello Rehabians,

I just moved to Al Rehab a few weeks ago and wonder if there are any expat gatherings. I've heard about Tota, for women's gatherings (and found it a great place for weekend breakfast) but I'm wondering if there are other gatherings or events.

Regards,

Jim at Gate 6

jveeds wrote:

Hello Rehabians,

I just moved to Al Rehab a few weeks ago and wonder if there are any expat gatherings. I've heard about Tota, for women's gatherings (and found it a great place for weekend breakfast) but I'm wondering if there are other gatherings or events.

Regards,

Jim at Gate 6

Hello Jim,

I am living at a walking distance from Gate 6. We had a gathering about 2 weeks ago.

Is there another one planned? Where do you meet?

jveeds wrote:

Is there another one planned? Where do you meet?

nothing planned but I'd post about it if I plan something. Nothing much we meet at Zalat cafe (within a throw of a stone from Gate 6 also)

Yes, i've seen the Zalat. Of course everything in the souk is a stone's throw from Gate 6.

Jim